Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know?
if someone's using telescience to fuck with people, put magnetic boots on
Putting a mousetrap assembly into a bag/box will set it off when someone reaches in, but if you keep it open you can still take things out and put things in without setting it off.

You can also use the mousetrap assembly to instantly detonate grenades rather than waiting for the timer. This is great for when you're being chased as the janitor and you want to slip people with the cleaning grenades.
Click-drag yourself on top of a crate to scoot over it. This also works for AI shells and borgs.

The reverse-engineering fabricator requires metal, conductive material and crystal to create objects. However, it will prioritize pharosium over steel as 'metal'. Thus, when mass-producing a lot of items, grab the boxes of electrical cables before anything else.

A cloaking field generator will obscure any doors around it, making them completely unable to be interacted with when cloaked. A cloaked welded door is a completely impassable barrier.
CRIME stuff

I don't know how strong exactly, but it seems to me that the soldering irons are a good all in one break in tool.

For starters they can break glass, and I'm pretty sure they can break electrified grilles, so you don't really have to worry about getting shocked.

You can make one in a general manufacturer, so you're never really unable to find them.

Some people prefer door hacking but in a pinch if I'm close enough to an APC, I don't mind pulsing the power out to crowbar my way out.

APC's are actually much simpler to hack then doors and don't always result in getting shocked to death. Plus if you're trying to be sneaky, this kills AI's cameras too. If you can find out which wire to pulse somewhere else, you can just break into the APC of choice later and pulse it to break in or seriously mess with someone else.

I once used both door hacking and APC hacking to break into the Hippie station server's vault to commit a crime of theft, but then an all access clown caught me and alerted security. It was a good heist though and I wasn't even mad that I got caught.
something I learned only a couple days ago that blew my mind:

disposal chutes have a little blue led that lights up if there's something in them
Due to the current wonky lighting system, people tend to glow like lighthouses if they've been on fire at all.

Need a light on a dark station? Set yourself on fire and put yourself out!

....Also if you see a strange light shift running down the hall and nobody there it's probably a traitor running around with a cloak and a hypospray full of initro and you should probably shoot them instead of ignore them because you'd feel lame using that against them.
Xeram Wrote:Due to the current wonky lighting system, people tend to glow like lighthouses if they've been on fire at all.

Hahaaaa, fixed as of now motherfuckerrrrs.
Drag click any container onto yourself to open it. This can be done with backpacks, and anything inside of one like a medkit or box. I just recently learned this was even a thing.
Rest at the right time to dodge bullets and projectiles, just be sure you can get back up in time!

You can also use this to "crawl" under flaps.
Wire Wrote:
Xeram Wrote:Due to the current wonky lighting system, people tend to glow like lighthouses if they've been on fire at all.

Hahaaaa, fixed as of now motherfuckerrrrs.

Find a longstanding bug that got used against you that you don't like? Offhandedly mention it in a thread and Wire will pounce on it!

Things that emit fire tend to be very strong in regards to breaking things, including cakehats which never go out.
Actually I coded the new burning-lighting myself way back and that was a longstanding bug that I could never fix. You just reminded me about it.
Wire Wrote:Actually I coded the new burning-lighting myself way back and that was a longstanding bug that I could never fix. You just reminded me about it.

Does this mean the bug where you can become a walking miniature sun with light sources is fixed too.

http://forum.ss13.co/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3370
That's a rather old thread so yes presumably unless you can duplicate it in-game right now??
Goku showed me that Radbows can be shot though windows. Never knew that.
Zadeon Wrote:Rest at the right time to dodge bullets and projectiles, just be sure you can get back up in time!

You can also use this to "crawl" under flaps.

You can also use this to get by people in close quarters, like in the caves of the ice moon. It is very handy to be able to do.