Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow cyborgs to do module research.
Because at this point there's literally no reason to play cyborg when everything actually useful is locked behind a research wall that cyborgs can't do a humans never will because they can't benefit from it.
You know who has literally less reason to exist than borgs? The roboticist. Maybe let's not make them 100% redundant.

Also, you are severely overestimating the module researcher here. It takes half a round of shoveling items and cash in to unlock any of the interesting items, and even making a custom module with a bog-standard toolbox loadout costs about 10k. Most of the especially useful items there is stuff that's already in the regular modules anyway.
You may not have seen the most recent change that made the only starting modules available being Standard, Medical (Sans Patches), Engineering, and Brobot.

So at this point borgs are severely gimped in effectiveness, what with dying to a stiff breeze, and not having any useful tools that a human with equivalent access couldn't get easily.

You said it yourself, it takes half the round to research anything, and the costs are way too much, so half a round and 10k+ per borg, where there can be anywhere from 1-4.
Yeah, module research needs some work. I don't know if this whole item analysis thing is the best way to go about it, either. At least not the way where you need to shove thirty crowbars into it.
Regardless, I stand by my point. The roboticist is a job for a reason, and if borgs can do every function of his job for him, there's no reason for them to exist at all. There has to be some level between the current state and borgs being able to work themselves into complete invincibility without the need to interact with humans in any way.

Still yeah module research could use some tweaking.
Maybe allow mechanics blueprints to be entered into the robotics scanners as well?

A mechanic could just throw a ruckingeneer into robotics and while mechanics are scanning cool things the roboticists could get points from the blueprints.
Actually rather then have robotics scramble to collect items for 50 minutes, why not let them scan the items mechanics have already scanned in their system.

It sounds like it would probably be a pain to implement but if mechanics is scanning everything in genetics, robotics could get points from that when they research the thing on their end.

Robotics says to mechanics "Hey we'll ask a borg to open stuff for you if you scan it so we can scan it"

Assuming the heads don't care and security is off doing whatever, it's a relationship that benefits both departments and gives robotics an edge over genetics.

Rather then limiting it to just tools, add computers for more points. Roboticists can't really do anything with the machines they would scan, but it boosts their points faster then just finding tools.

Tools being scanned could unlock them for use in borgs and add points. Both would probably find use for somebody.

Things that can't be scanned by mechanics would still have to be brought to robotics though.
@OP: No.
And FYI, I'm going to steer my features, each and every one of them, towards teamwork. I've had enough of people playing, expecting to be able to play, and in fact demanding to be able to play this game alone.

I'm splitting the rest of my responses into a discussion thread whose title is not a dumb idea.