Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Light category cyborgs completely.
Either that or make the starting category for borgs be Standard. It's pretty goddamn stupid to get instagibbed by a stiff breeze or killed by the detective's revolver in 4 shots.
or at the very least, allow them to be reinforced
babayetu83 Wrote:or at the very least, allow them to be reinforced
This would be a much more effective method. Having to make an entirely new body and transfer the brain over is an overly tedious and unnecessary pain in the ass, if you ask me. Help intent on the relevant body parts with metal sheets, maybe?
I agree with making starting borgs standard rather than light. Keeping the light bodies makeable as options when metal is scarce is good, though.
I'm pretty sure the only use of light borgs is that they're faster (annoyingly so if they have the speed mod) but in practice this... doesn't really do much for them.
make them able to be reinforced by unlocking them and applying reinforced metal while targeting a whatever. make this reinforced light borg be in between a light borg and standard borg in defence.

don't make starting borgs standard. that was removed for a good reason
UrsulaMejor Wrote:make them able to be reinforced by unlocking them and applying reinforced metal while targeting a whatever. make this reinforced light borg be in between a light borg and standard borg in defence.

don't make starting borgs standard. that was removed for a good reason

And what good reason is that.

As a longtime roboticist I can say that light bodys are pretty shit and they're effectively pointless since cyborg clothing breaks every 10 seconds anyway. Just yesterday I accidentally killed a light cyborg in one hit when I jokingly prodded him with a knife, thank god the head survived.

Just let the starting borgs start as something stronger than tissue paper. And while we're at it, let them start with the 15000 cells rather than the 7500. What's even the point of that honestly. They just get the things replaced immediately.
the reasons:
1) Because standard borgs were + are overpowered to the point of ridiculousness and having that be free on join for absolutely no effort was silly

2) So roboticists actually have something cool they can do for borgs to appreciate

3) Because light cyborgs look cooler anyways
I prefer playing light borgs to standard, really. I'd much rather have the extra speed than the additional durability. That said, maybe they could stand to be a little tougher, or be able to be reinforced directly without requiring a whole new body built.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:the reasons:
1) Because standard borgs were + are overpowered to the point of ridiculousness and having that be free on join for absolutely no effort was silly

2) So roboticists actually have something cool they can do for borgs to appreciate

3) Because light cyborgs look cooler anyways

1. How are cyborgs overpowered by having a regular body. It doesn't change at all what their modules contain, and on start they get a standard head and normal body with normal parts, the only part of a cyborg that needs to be destroyed is the head or chest if you're brute forcing it and the standard head has maybe 50 or so more health and nobody intentionally tries to destroy the chest for the most part. Other easy ways to render a cyborg helpless you might recognize: Flashes which there is tons of everywhere, harmbatons/canes, guns, killswitching, laws, organized attack.

2. Why should borgs have to suffer and waste time because robotics has nothing to do immediately in the round. Most of the time they don't even bother because it takes a good chunk of metal and time to do such a thing. It's like the crap with the power cell, except that's so trivial there's no reason not to do it immediately.

3. They look like poorly made string puppets rather than cyborgs.
Light cyborgs are awesome. The best rogue cyborgs kill people without robusting anyway.
They can take some decent punishment usually. Just yesterday I ate up a few blows from a fire extinguisher before excusing myself to a charging station to repair. If you had one break on you from a single kitchen knife hit you probably just got extremely unlucky with the RNG. Standard borgs are way, way too robust to be as common and effort-free as they used to be, and be honest, they take MAYBE three minutes to produce if you want one.