Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STG rules thread
As you all know by now Haine has added a new card games know as STG so i have decided to make the rules for it and some ablitys for the people.

Game setup+starting turns- This game requires a deck of 50 cards. Each player starts with 300 health and 5 cards. If you don't like your starting hand you can redraw and draw one less card, you may do this till you have one card left. Your going to need a d6 and a coin for this game too to settle random chance events.

The game is played in turns where during each turn a player earn 5 resources and a card. They then may use resources to buy cards (Cards are worth their number in levels) or to fuel ablitys (I will explain more when we reach the ablitys part). You may NOT attack with a newly summon card unless you have charge. You must wait a turn before you may attack

Attacking-When you attack someone you take you attack damage and subtract from their defense. You do not take any damage from them when you attack unless their job allows them to.

Ablilitys-Cards will usually have a job infront of the name of the person on the card. This will dictate any of their special ablitys. Most ablitys will require half their level in resources to activate but some cards will have * infront of them which mean their ablitys happen automatically and are free

Here are some i/other people have thought up so far

Code:
Clown-He can kiddnap  opponets card.Every turn he flip a coin and if fails the flip he loses half his defense and the other dude escapes. If you kill the clown while the other dude is still kiddnaped the dude dies too. Security+Hos are also  forced to attack you

*Scientist-When Scientist dies, All cards lose 10 defense

Md-This dude has a tranq gun,  The first time he uses this ablity a person lose 10 attack and 10 defense, If he uses it again on the same dude the person will fall asleep for 2 turns

Qm-You can enter a Ordering state where your Qm can not attack for 3 turns. If survive the 3 turns all your active  cards gain +10 attack and defense. You may not use this ablity while the ordering state is active. He can also sell cards in his hand for their level in resources when he isn't in the ordering state

Geneticist-Can unlock one of 3 powers (This still caust cost some of your resources)
    1-superfart: You stun all cards except for the geneticist.This card can be played even when it's not your turn
    2-Telepathy:You can look at the next 3 cards your oponenet draws
    3-*Hulk- Everytime  this card takes damage it gets +5 attack
Botanist-You can pick a opponent to gain the stoned status effect where if you try to attack someone you have a 1/3 chance to fail because you have the munchies. This is countered if you have a chef

Construction worker-Can spawn one  creature know as "wall". It has 0 attack and 5 health and has taunt. You may not use your ablity again till the wall is dead

*Atmos Tech-His resource cost is half off and he has charge BUT he dies after your turn is over.

*Engineer-Gives his team +2 resources every turn but has a 1/3 chance to kill his whole team

captian- can call the shuttle, which is a board wipe"

*Changling-Becomes the card he kills but can't revert back to a changling.- You can also spend half his level in resources to go in shambler form that has taunt, +10/+10 and stuns everyone he hits

Hop- You can switch a Active cards with ones in your deck

*Assistant-Gain +2 attack for every other Assistant. They are forced to attack security+hos if they are active on other team

*Vampire-When you attack someone you gain health your attack in health. Will instantly die if a chaplien is in play

If you have any ideas for new rules, job powers or even change the ones i have already stated please tell me below
this needs other classes of cards besides spacemen. im gonna suggest item cards get classified like in-game i.e. the size of an item dictates how you can play it. like a fryer would be in a class of card that sits on the table and provides a constant effect to both players(you can dip a card in it and use it to heal brute on spacemen? idk), but an extinguisher would be something you can attach to a spaceman card like he's holding it. maybe you can scavenge items from spacemen you kill, but only if they're so large they couldn't have been stored in the backpack

it's christmas eve why are we thinking about poo spacmen cardgame god im gonna have an apple cider Sleepy time
CaptainBravo Wrote:this needs other classes of cards besides spacemen. im gonna suggest item cards get classified like in-game i.e. the size of an item dictates how you can play it. like a fryer would be in a class of card that sits on the table and provides a constant effect to both players(you can dip a card in it and use it to heal brute on spacemen? idk), but an extinguisher would be something you can attach to a spaceman card like he's holding it. maybe you can scavenge items from spacemen you kill, but only if they're so large they couldn't have been stored in the backpack

it's christmas eve why are we thinking about poo spacmen cardgame god im gonna have an apple cider Sleepy time

I love this idea! I would love more possible types of cards which will allow me to make up more effects

Possible sub decks-
Creatures/spacemen
Locations on the stations
Items
Food/chemistry
There are plans for a load of new stuff that are going to be added to the cards. Maybe it's a bit early to be making a definitive list of rules but this is cool regardless.
Code:
Chef-Gives another person taunt

*cE-give +5 resource and has a 1/6 chance to boardwipe the whole board. If a engineer is also in play you gain +2 per turn but also have a 1/6 chance to boardwipe you opponent

Janitor-Cleans the floor infront of someone.When you attack or use your ablity on  the person who the floor has been cleaned infront of the you become disarmed (you can attack but can't use your ablity)

*Ai-Locks down One card which stops them from attacking people or using their ablitys when placed but can only attack humans

Subverted AI-You can lock down a enemy card down. Every turn the card has a 1/3 chance to lose half their health and escape. You may only have locked

*Vice office-Takes one resource from your enemy per turn and gives it to you if they have a botanist or a barman active

spy-You can mindslave a person from the enemy's team. They can't use their ablitys and if your spy dies the mindsalve returns to the owner, You can't use your ability if you already have a mindslave

*Nuclear Operative-Has charge and  taunt. If a nuclear agent kills the captain your enemy has 5 turns to kill your nuclear agent or he instantly loses (Nuke)

Rd-Can set up a timed  boardwipe that will go off after the amount of turns he set or set it to when he dies. He doesn't have to be alive for it to go off if he set it to a timed board wipe

Coach-Gives +1/+1 to a person of your choice every turn

Borg-Will act as a taunt if you try to attack a human unless the attack would kill him
I think a kaijudo-esque setup would be better.

the top 5 cards of your 60 card deck get laid down as shields. if you have no defending monsters, opponent monsters can directly attack one shield per monster. a destroyed shield gets put in your hand. when you are out of shields, you lose.

any card can be put down face down as a resource. each resource costs creates one mana, and you can use each resource for mana once per two turn cycle (they recharge at the start of your turn)

space men are played using a number of mana equal to their level. each turn, starting from the turn after you played them, they can attack a defending space man's defense points, or if there are none, your opponent's shields.

and that's it, really. no complicated dice rolling or health points or intricate resource management.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I think a kaijudo-esque setup would be better.

the top 5 cards of your 60 card deck get laid down as shields. if you have no defending monsters, opponent monsters can directly attack one shield per monster. a destroyed shield gets put in your hand. when you are out of shields, you lose.

any card can be put down face down as a resource. each resource costs creates one mana, and you can use each resource for mana once per two turn cycle (they recharge at the start of your turn)

space men are played using a number of mana equal to their level. each turn, starting from the turn after you played them, they can attack a defending space man's defense points, or if there are none, your opponent's shields.

and that's it, really. no complicated dice rolling or health points or intricate resource management.

but all my fancy space powers!
this is ss13, any set of rules that take longer than 5 minutes to explain is gonna be hard to appeal to the average player. kaijudo was specifically developed to be simple and easy to understand.

job powers and item stuff would build on top nicely as an "advanced" option
for example, HoS could have an ability called "armory", giving all security cards on either side +10 attack and double shield breaker or something