Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Enriched MSG easier to make.
Considering its limited usefulness and mostly gimmicky nature, I think taking the hardest ingredient out of it (You know the one), would be an extremely nice idea, if you need to do anything but kitchen stuff to make awesome MSG you're obviously just padding the recipe just to be cruel.
Usually, I'm not one for making secret chems easier to make, but I have not talked to one person on the entirety of the server who has not sworn off Enriched MSG for the rest of their lives forever after having made it. You have to admit, it's just a tad bit ridiculous.
I have to agree. I'll talk to HukHukHuk and see about getting that one changed. Or I might forget, guess it depends on how much work takes out of me today. Until then feel free to try some arcane rituals to try and get Huk to read this thread, or yell his name a bunch.

HUKHUKHUK READ THE THREAD OOO HUKHUKHUK WHERE ARE YOU AAAAA
Haine Wrote:I have to agree. I'll talk to HukHukHuk and see about getting that one changed. Or I might forget, guess it depends on how much work takes out of me today. Until then feel free to try some arcane rituals to try and get Huk to read this thread, or yell his name a bunch.

HUKHUKHUK READ THE THREAD OOO HUKHUKHUK WHERE ARE YOU AAAAA

You have to draw a dickbutt rune with your own blood to complete the ritual.
I don't agree.
I agree (with marquesas).
I agree. Literally pointless to make the stuff with how it is now.
Yeah, you basically have to do ridiculous off-station stuff AND know another secret chem just to make what is essentially doubleomnizine with some fancy messages. This isn't werewolf serum or anything fancy like that, it doesn't need to involve rituals.
I dont know the recipe but if chefs and barmen find it prohibitive to make then where is the fun? bar and chef dont get nearly enough love in the secret chem department.
As I stated in the secrets thread, the properties of booster enzymes and enriched MSG are precisely the type of fun chemicals lacking in food and drink: supportive compounds that work well with others, but do little on their own.

Given the low overdose threshold of EMSG and the nature of boosters, the tricord/omnizine problem is moot. I don't know any good reason to leave anima as a required reagent.

something about a waffen of hitlers,
See, the problem people have with Enriched MSG is a matter of effort vs. payoff. To go through a process that has been repeatedly described as taking literally half an hour all to get a chemical that's basically the exact same thing as an already-existing and, comparatively speaking, WAY more common chemical but with some shiny new paint just feels like a huge disservice and a waste of time.

Making Enriched MSG easier to make may not be desirable, but at the very least make it not take as goddamn long as it does now, or else make all of that convoluted effort worth it by giving it some new effects or something. Literally no one I have talked to is a fan of this, and if there's a chemical that people are only willing to make once before never bothering to do it ever again, it might as well not even be there.
Here is an idea: Make it better than omnizine

Let it be able to regrow limbs, and since it contains a certain chemical in its recipe,let it raise dead like strange reagent does
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:if there's a chemical that people are only willing to make once before never bothering to do it ever again, it might as well not even be there.
i agree,remove initrio
Ugh, the point is getting rid of the ridiculous nonsensical ingredient that makes it require way more work than reasonable, not adding more crap to it to attempt to justify blood rituals to make tasty reagents.
Zed Xionova Wrote:Ugh, the point is getting rid of the ridiculous nonsensical ingredient that makes it require way more work than reasonable, not adding more crap to it to attempt to justify blood rituals to make tasty reagents.
There are secret chems that take forever and a day to make: Initrobeedril is a good example. And although it's not quite commonplace, people still use it every now and then for the sheer fact that it turns people's hearts into bees. Seriously, that's fucking cool. Enriched MSG doesn't have anything as grand or novel or hard-hitting or just plain cool as that, it's literally just omnizine+ with some different flavor text.

What I'm saying is that, instead of removing the convoluted blood rituals and making Enriched MSG easier, it is equally plausible to add cool and awesome stuff to Enriched MSG to make those convoluted blood rituals just a bit more worth the time and effort.