Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Now we find out who's really a Goon.

“When the object enters the timestream, time begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff."

Time works the same way.
(08-28-2016, 05:42 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Now we find out who's really a Goon.

“When the object enters the timestream, time begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff."

Time works the same way.

I always did think SS13 was in a time loop namely because its residents can enter a time space distortion without any side effects and how everyone can be killed one round and come back the next but here a question for everyone if the place the escape shuttle ends up is centcomm why are there no gaurds or emts waiting to intercept it?
Yes, it really is just gibberish. I looked at the code to confirm, it uses the same text scrambler code as forensics.
What if we tried using the packet sniffer while doing this? It talks about packet loss, maybe we can find something that way.
(08-28-2016, 05:51 PM)BBEG Wrote:

Time works the same way.

I always did think SS13 was in a time loop namely because its residents can enter a time space distortion without any side effects and how everyone can be killed one round and come back the next but here a question for everyone if the place the escape shuttle ends up is centcomm why are there no gaurds or emts waiting to intercept it?

I believe the consensus on LLJK1 is that Nanotrasen has just fucked this sector of space so hard it keeps resetting

(08-28-2016, 10:20 AM)ChaseSP Wrote:
ZeWaka Wrote:<ZeWaka> meow hiss howl.
No idea for this aside from something involving Jones, ice spiders, and maybe George.
Cat drugs.
(08-28-2016, 06:15 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 05:51 PM)BBEG Wrote:

Time works the same way.

I believe the consensus on LLJK1 is that Nanotrasen has just fucked this sector of space so hard it keeps resetting
 This quote is a reference to a game proposed on the something awful forums called Zybourne Clock. It never panned out. though SS13 being a time loop would be fun.
I never thought I'd see anything referencing Johnny Five Aces and Zybourne Clock again.

...Outside of New Vegas at least.
(08-28-2016, 07:15 PM)Xeram Wrote: I never thought I'd see anything referencing Johnny Five Aces and Zybourne Clock again.

What did you think the *johnny emote was?
Actually, everyone on the station is a clone of their original self. As proof, look at the apidae metabolism mutation description.
(08-28-2016, 08:06 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Actually, everyone on the station is a clone of their original self. As proof, look at the apidae metabolism mutation description.

what if all the people that make it to centcomm are summarily executed and buried (see: the graves) and the clones are made from them
centcomm doesnt seem like the type of folks to bury failures and disappointments in a marked grave

anyone brought a slag shovel there to try to dig them up
(08-28-2016, 08:27 PM)misto Wrote: centcomm doesnt seem like the type of folks to bury failures and disappointments in a marked grave

anyone brought a slag shovel there to try to dig them up

or the actual shovel from the biodome.
(08-28-2016, 07:25 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 07:15 PM)Xeram Wrote: I never thought I'd see anything referencing Johnny Five Aces and Zybourne Clock again.

I had literally no idea it existed.
Is the process to take the button at centcom apart considered a separate secret because looking back at where that "verify your sources" quote came from, it was around when we were talking about the button at centcom and the void with nothing new being in the later when exploring without pushing the button. I think this requires an attempt.

Edit: Can you switch bodies with critters with the machine in the void?
(08-29-2016, 03:05 AM)Xeram Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 07:25 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

I had literally no idea it existed.

The mysterious suit you can buy from the glomar salvager robot is also presumably a reference since the suit is labelled Johnny in the code.

(08-29-2016, 05:32 AM)ChaseSP Wrote: Is the process to take the button at centcom apart considered a separate secret because looking back at where that "verify your sources" quote came from, it was around when we were talking about the button at centcom and the void with nothing new being in the later when exploring without pushing the button. I think this requires an attempt.

Edit: Can you switch bodies with critters with the machine in the void?

You can't switch bodies with most critters because there's no critter mob code for most of them.

Critters are totally different from mobs, and only a few critters have player controllable mob equivalents.

The current code also seems to indicate that it's impossible to switch bodies with a critter using that machine, but that may have changed since then.