Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fisk Wants Your Ideas
Hi. I'm Fishdance, or Dr. Fisk. Recently I'v ebeen making a lot of random pixel art pieces, and some other stuff in the way of "art." I would like to continue making more, as it's pretty fun to do, and was wondering if any of you kiddos out there had any suggestions of what to make? Obviously I'm only human so it might take some time to get what you want out, but, unless it's something stupid and nerdy, I'm sure I'll get to it eventually! Currently the styles of art I would want to work with are:

Solid-Model renders, such as my Guardbuddy. I really enjoy making these, they're incredibly fun, and while I would love to make something like Guardbuddies and other mechanical stuff, hell, I'd even do a recycling machine/blueprint fabricator if someone wanted it, I would prefer to not do some of the more organically shaped things in the game, Ie. martians. Also, if someone really wants the .stl or.3dm or .SLDPRT file, I can get that to you somehow. I might look into setting something up with my professor, to see if I can 3D print something like this, and if I do maybe get it to you guys, but that might cost a bit of money for materials and shipping. (I would REALLY like to set something like this 3D printing stuff up, so if anyone would even remotely consider wanting to get a model like this, let me know)

Pixel arts, such as the three other ones I have out right now, these take a generous amount of time, so if you ask for one like this, please be patient. Considering I put thought into every curve it takes a lot more time than something like a sketch, couple that with my colourblindness and I've got to go searching for some nice RGB values for the thing I want to colour rather than seeing one that fits myself. Would still be more than happy to make these though!

Sketches, I don't have any of these out right now, and I'm not GREAT at them in the slightest, but if you'd like I can try my hand at something like this, it's definitely fun when I dabble with it.

Other, don't feel limited to what's ont he list, if theres something I forgot about and it sounds fun to me I'll be sure to give it a try, but don't expect me to "BILD A LYFESYZE STACHOO UF A WIZ-NERD"

Some of the things that I drew:
Robuddy
[Image: dVqMus1.png]
Chemistry
[Image: cRBKh8x.jpg]
Bar
[Image: YTzfwGm.jpg]
Janitor
[Image: JVsUQFB.png]

Questions I've been asked:
Some things I've been asked about are mainly just what softwares I use. I used Solidworks for the Guardbuddy, along with Adobe Fireworks for the image touch ups (saturation/sharpness/brightness/contrast, etc.) and I also use Fireworks to make my pixel sketches. People also asked if I had some kind of art education, and yeah, not. Just for funsies. I took a couple of classes in three dimensional modelling in highschool, and am in one now, and that's about it.

Finally, I can't emphasize this enough, if anyone is interested in getting real life physical 3D print of some of the models I made/am making/will make, give me a shout, I'd SO love to give you guys a way to get these. For any other 3d print enthusiasts out there, or people who want to know what kind of stuff I can print, I have access to a Makerbot Replicator 2x (Prints plastic, up to 2 colours) a Printrbot Junior (Prints plastic, 1 colour), and a ProJet 660 Pro (Prints powder, literally ANY colour). This community is incredibly fun, and, while I am unable to give back in way of donations (student loans are HUGE) I would love to try to so something to give back to you guys <3
Me ruining everything as usual.

Alternatively, artist's interpretations of the admins, each of us.
Do a render of Officer Beepsky!
Do the pixel art version of RD Kiki Kolana mixing her special bomb formula. Maybe have a fire peeking out of the toxins storage.
a pixel picture of 20+ captains causing havoc with a giant head of nannek screaming in the background and swearing the ID computer will be nerfed forever

note: i have no idea what nannek looks like
Miners blowing themselves up / fighting martians / fighting space ants / fighting drones / doing anything other than mining.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Me ruining everything as usual.
I feel like this is a trick question where I'm supposed to say "But you've never ruined any round before, GMD! You've only made them better!" But Instead I made this.

[Image: ZXHhDRK.png]
I always imagined admins were cloaked figures that played puppet-master with the strings of our hearts.

PS, should I still be posting these into the art thread? I think I will until someone tells me to stop or something of that degree.
Holy shit this thread filled up FAST. Will try to get to the reasonable ones ASAP! <3
FishDance2 Wrote:
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:
[Image: ZXHhDRK.png]

PS, should I still be posting these into the art thread? I think I will until someone tells me to stop or something of that degree.
Yes also that is fucking perfect.
Crumplehat Wrote:Miners blowing themselves up / fighting martians / fighting space ants / fighting drones / doing anything other than mining.

[Image: SMdM1uk.png]
You didn't specify what kind of style, so I made a sketch. It's a miner strangling a rock worm whilst a martian prepares for first contact. Also, I can't colour. Not without pixel-perfect stylism. Sorry :c
FishDance2 Wrote:Will try to get to the reasonable ones ASAP! <3

i am willing to compromise on the number of captains, but i still have no idea what nannek looks like
CaptainBravo Wrote:a pixel picture of 20+ captains causing havoc with a giant head of nannek screaming in the background and swearing the ID computer will be nerfed forever

note: i have no idea what nannek looks like

I just... I don't think I can do that. Oh wait yes I can.
[Image: RoiB0gJ.png]
You said pixel picture right? I hope this satisfies that. Imagination is key.
(PS, Sorry I just didn't really think I could pull that off, and honestly didn't sound very fun to make :c )
epicdwarf Wrote:Do a render of Officer Beepsky!
This might take a day or two, but definitely sounds fun! I'm on the case smile
KikiMofo Wrote:Do the pixel art version of RD Kiki Kolana mixing her special bomb formula. Maybe have a fire peeking out of the toxins storage.

I hope this satisfies! I'm actually really sorry that I don't remember what Kiki Koalana looks like, so you're wearing a biohood! Safety first!
[Image: 67WM4Nl.png]

Note: To anyone who thinks their picture is trash and wants me to do it again, feel free to say so! Though I reserve the right no say no, but yeah. Do that if you're disappointed!
FishDance2 Wrote:
Crumplehat Wrote:Miners blowing themselves up / fighting martians / fighting space ants / fighting drones / doing anything other than mining.

[Image: SMdM1uk.png]
You didn't specify what kind of style, so I made a sketch. It's a miner strangling a rock worm whilst a martian prepares for first contact. Also, I can't colour. Not without pixel-perfect stylism. Sorry :c

No this is perfect don't change a thing.

I imagine the miner yelling WHY YOU LITTLE like homer from the simpsons. It's certainly how I feel whenever I run into those little bastards.