Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vampire fixed, misc gripes itt
such impudence!!!!!
I use a thesaurus
Double post but w/e:

If vampires are being rijigged, i'd very much like to see them as "area bound" creatures, social beings that use powers of persuasion to gather blood. Very much leaning towards traditional vampire, Bran Stoker style mixed in with a bit of Nosferatu.

I'd like to see them burn in normal lamp-light, but at a slow rate. This way they retreat to maintenance/dark area as soon as they can. They can be invisible, but only in an area they have chosen to be their lair, as explained in the OP. This would be fun for security: Area Denial weaponry such as Smoke Grenades and N20 gas may be used to "flush out" a vampire into visibility..

I'd like to see Enthrall reworked so that it's not permanent, and the vampire will know when the person in no longer enthralled. Make it so that the vampire can enthrall potentially two people (low enough blood cost, 200) but it evens out due the fact that it's not permanent (shorter than mindslave), and the vampire cannot enthrall the same person twice.

I'd like to see a new vampire power, that allows at the cost ALOT of its blood to make one of its enthralls an actual vampire. This would be done via a "Blood Rite". Blood rites take time, blood, an enthrall, and is very loud (you can hear the chanting from a distance away)

TL;DR: Vampires need to be nerfed to shit, and done again from a different approach. I've always imagined Vampire Mode as a little like a functioning (and fun) cult round, where enthralls are abound yelling about blood for the blood god hoping to reach a higher plain of existence, while vampires lurk in the shadows, weak but highly manipulative. They should be slippery motherfuckers that escape into the black, with mostly defense and manipulating spells.
Prehaps vampires could also gain some powers when its asleep in a coffin....Making it more powerful in dream state but also defenseless to a curious assitant
Honestly just make them how they used to be and call it a day. People were literally retarded in thinking that how it used to be was too weak, because I never had a bad vampire round back when they were first introduced.
Klayboxx Wrote:Honestly just make them how they used to be and call it a day. People were literally retarded in thinking that how it used to be was too weak, because I never had a bad vampire round back when they were first introduced.
How was the Vampire before it was updated....Just give the vampire a one time ablity to spawn a coffin. When enters coffin he is projected into dream state where is Much more powerful and can use the blood he gained in powerful but defensless ways. Nerf glare a bit and make him slow down and have lower health while in the light in real state. When in dream state he loses that problem and also gains some vampire powers like the power to become fog (invisable) for 10 seconds, The ablity to lay small traps that make the people fall asleep and warns him and other stragetic and fun powers make him a super weak dude till he gets anouth blood to summon his coffin and then a good supply more to use his powers while building up defenses to portect himself from the grey tide weilding pipebombe and butts
pizzatiger Wrote:Just give the vampire a one time ablity to spawn a coffin

Okay sorry for double posting but i thought of a way to expand this in a way that vampire mode becomes its own game mode instead of a weak combo of wizard and changeling by using some of the ideas from the wizard dungeon keeper threads.

The game starts for the vampire with him as a half-vamp who has no powers except to finish the transformation and to summon his coffin. In this form he can begin to find a place to make the coffin room without the inherent vampire weakness. The only things the half-vampire is weak to be starlight and teleporting. Once a half-vampire finds a nice place to finish the transformation he presses the command and the room converts into a castle with stone floors and wall with torches for light bulbs and airlocks become wooden doors that can be broken down. An unholy Coffin is placed where the vampire is standing with a key. Finally the thing he is wearing becomes a vampire suit and cape for vanity reasons. The vampire is also super slow and has half health when outside his castle zone. He is also given a vampire accent.
At this point he now has some weak vampire powers such as seeing in the dark and a glare that is nerved when he leaves the castle zone. He also has a small supply of blood from when he was human. The vampire real power comes from when he in his coffin where he can do a few very important things.

The vampire can begin to expand his castle zone by spending blood on tiles he wishes to convert. On converted tiles he can summon units to protect him and basic traps that cost blood to make. As you can already tell...he going to need a lot of blood to make a reasonable base. Humans provide the best source of blood. Monkey blood is unfilling and causes toxin damage. The vampire can also produce blood fountains that by themselves very slowly make a thing of blood that can be claimed while in the coffin or with a wine glass if you have a hint of style. This process is greatly improved when monkeys or corpses are shoved inside the fountain.

Using this blood he can begin to research a bunch of random traps, units and powers to use within in his ever expanding castle zone. The powers he gains has two forms. When he outside the castle area the powers are weaker and cost more blood. While inside the castle it gains more power and costs less.

Now you must be asking how ANYONE could kill me in such a powerful castle. The answer is that as you gain more powers, expand you castle, and summon units the harder it becomes to leave your coffin meaning it takes from 5 seconds to a minute to escape the coffin. This is all fine and good in till your castle begins to shrink from the lack of you holding it together and if your traps and units leave the castle zone due to it shrinking they will begin attacking you and ignoring the non-vampires. While in your coffin any random assistant can stake you in the heart with a crowbar! Thankfully there is an expensive building called a dungeon heart that can stop the shrinking of your dungeon in a 20*20 area but are REALLY easy to destroy

This makes a fine balancing act of not getting TOO powerful or you be caught with your pants down if an assistant beats your death maze.

Did i mention that the Chaplin in your biggest threat? He can speed the shrinking of the castle while inside it, Banish unholy traps and units (for a blood sacrifice to whatever crackpot god he worships taking his health from green to yellow using oxygen) and destroy your blood fountains with a simple prayer. His blood is also deadly for you to drink due to his steady diet of garlic and rosemary meaning if you did kill him you could not gain any blood from it.
Pizzatiger, I read it and I need to be blunt:

That is incredibly convoluted (as in, no admins will touch it), completely divergent from the vampire as we know it, and actually pretty divergent from the gameplay of SS13. This isn't vampire simulator 9000. This is SS13, with a vampire mode.
The reason why I am being blunt is the reason why this thread is stickied: Vampire needs a change/needs to be removed as soon as possible. Adding in an ass-load of code isn't what we need.

Klayboxx Wrote:Honestly just make them how they used to be and call it a day. People were literally retarded in thinking that how it used to be was too weak, because I never had a bad vampire round back when they were first introduced.

This on the total opposite scale of what we don't need, but it's better than adding a fuck-load of code. Old vampires were not without their problems either: The cloak of darkness was still shitty, and when a vampire got full blooded it was still extremely powerful.
After we revamp vampire, we can spin off a whole new game:
Vampire simulator: 2132

[Image: 713mKnP.png]
The thing is though, it's OK if a full blooded vampire is strong. I mean, they should be as a reward for getting that much blood, however, they are no where near as strong as the current vampires. But yeah ,the cloak of darkness has always been garbage.
Oh, also, I know it's because of the new change to monkey code, but I think it's pretty important to quickly make it so changelings and vampires can't absorb monkeys
Klayboxx Wrote:The thing is though, it's OK if a full blooded vampire is strong. I mean, they should be as a reward for getting that much blood, however, they are no where near as strong as the current vampires. But yeah ,the cloak of darkness has always been garbage.

I'd be alright with vampire reverting back to it's original code, but the cloak of darkness needs to be fixed (as suggested in my OP, maybe changing it to area bound) and so does rejuvenate (especially now with the taser/stun nerf) so that it's actually costs blood to un-stun yourself.

Original vampire needed a buff to make it stronger when it was weak. Glare was that buff. However someone decided that vampires should take much more blood, which where the problem stemmed from.

Klayboxx Wrote:Oh, also, I know it's because of the new change to monkey code, but I think it's pretty important to quickly make it so changelings and vampires can't absorb monkeys

They should give you space aids. (Relevant)
dunno if you're serious but space aids is really contagious and ruins rounds faster than zombie virus
mozi Wrote:dunno if you're serious but space aids is really contagious and ruins rounds faster than zombie virus

I was being serious, but I wasn't aware it was contagious because when space aids comes into play it's often an admin event and everyone has it or GBS or Clown Syndrome. Probably should of read the virus page
space aids is airborne, goes through masks (cause the virii system is not consistently coded) and gives people random other virii including shit like gbs.

i learned this the hard way as a SA when I warped to Centcom, ate a Space AIDS ice cream cone, returned to the station, and all hell broke loose