Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rejoining should refill your slot if possible
If you go cryo and rejoin, your slot should be refilled, because ending up with 8 secoffs or 3 detectives isn't really fun for anyone.
Doesnt the slot only unlock if you ghost while in cryo?
(04-27-2024, 11:39 AM)BadShot Wrote: Doesnt the slot only unlock if you ghost while in cryo?

It used to be this way, but it was changed recently, with the security slot scaling.
This has to be unintentional. I was wondering why some shifts we'd have people latejoin on security only to exclaim that there's SIX additional slots when they're the fourth officer in.
Yeah, that has to be. That makes zero sense to work that way cause that can be metagamed in a way (such as getting two HoS)
I do not believe HoS slots open up even if you cryo and ghost. That aside, I would agree there definitely needs to be some mechanism to prevent 8 secoff shifts. Perhaps a return to the previous system but with a popup to remind people cryo’ing to ghost if they don’t intend in returning would work better. The system proposed in the original post would also would help.
(04-27-2024, 10:09 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: If you go cryo and rejoin, your slot should be refilled, because ending up with 8 secoffs or 3 detectives isn't really fun for anyone.

I think it should auto-remove your role after X minutes in cryo. If your slot was filled by that time, you should have to head to the HoP to get a new job. This makes sense in-lore reasoning because NT thinks you're easily replaceable, but also from a player perspective, since hogging slots for jobs is not fun.
(04-28-2024, 11:56 AM)Glamurio Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 10:09 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: If you go cryo and rejoin, your slot should be refilled, because ending up with 8 secoffs or 3 detectives isn't really fun for anyone.

I think it should auto-remove your role after X minutes in cryo. If your slot was filled by that time, you should have to head to the HoP to get a new job. This makes sense in-lore reasoning because NT thinks you're easily replaceable, but also from a player perspective, since hogging slots for jobs is not fun.

Was thinking the same, staying too long in cryo means you get fired.
While that would definitely work for the more numerous/populated roles I think it would cause issues with roles that are unique like MD,CE, and etc.
Auto-refill needs to not happen for solo slots. It's not cool to suddenly have two detectives to fight against because one went to cryo for ten minutes.
(04-28-2024, 05:56 PM)Wander Wrote: While that would definitely work for the more numerous/populated roles I think it would cause issues with roles that are unique like MD,CE, and etc.

For clarification, this is in reference to the idea of players having their job removed after ten minutes in cryogenic storage. I do agree though that unique job slots should not re-open should a player with one go into cryogenic storage.
(05-03-2024, 01:15 PM)Wander Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 05:56 PM)Wander Wrote: While that would definitely work for the more numerous/populated roles I think it would cause issues with roles that are unique like MD,CE, and etc.

For clarification, this is in reference to the idea of players having their job removed after ten minutes in cryogenic storage. I do agree though that unique job slots should not re-open should a player with one go into cryogenic storage.

Against this with unique roles... cause that will cause people to grief or those who want to assume those roles missing out on spawn gear.

You simply get "fired" and get replaced. If the player does come back... they are a staffy.
(05-03-2024, 05:27 PM)Kotlol Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 01:15 PM)Wander Wrote:

Against this with unique roles... cause that will cause people to grief or those who want to assume those roles missing out on spawn gear.

You simply get "fired" and get replaced. If the player does come back... they are a staffy.
I have to disagree with the idea of unique roles being closed after 10 minutes in cryo for two reasons. It would cause the gear gotten from lockers that these roles cryo with to be effectively deleted even if they attempt to return later and this would as well cause roundstart gear for unique rolls to be able to be duplicated. It is fine for an important position to get taken and not replaced once they enter cryogenic storage. If someone is purposely getting themselves killed to grief that is more so something that should be ahelped.