Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ability to search health related traits in medtrak
Considering that you can look up arrest status on secmaye I wish you can look up traits with medtrak, not all traits, just traits like "puritan", "allergies", and other health related trait. Though, I am not sure if it's a great idea considering people would use this for example rushing into secoffs/captains who have sight related traits cause they can flash/vamp glare them or people avoiding attacking puritan cause "they don't want to ruin someone's rounds cause they are not". Still, it might help meddocs who maybe want to check in if someone has medical allergies before giving people medicines or giving antags more opportunity to see someone's weakness.
I'd like to see this added. A list of puritan names next to the cloner sounds really nice.
(04-23-2024, 06:56 AM)mintyphresh Wrote: I'd like to see this added. A list of puritan names next to the cloner sounds really nice.

That's a step too far, the point of Puritan it's a high risk trait. By removing this you allow anyone who ain't a doctor to do careful study.
Let alone that goes against medical privacy.

So no.. it's fine to have it on a medtrak since then it's the DOCTOR'S JOB to check for puritans. But on a list anyone can check? I am against that!

That's a step too far, the point of Puritan it's a high risk trait. By removing this you allow anyone who ain't a doctor to do careful study.
Let alone that goes against medical privacy.

So no.. it's fine to have it on a medtrak since then it's the DOCTOR'S JOB to check for puritans. But on a list anyone can check? I am against that!
Good idea! I'm in support of this. While it's slightly off-topic, it's confusing to me that leaving notes next to a cloning record is something only the AI / Medical director can do. All medical staff have the ability to detect if someone's a puritan via unrestricted access to medtrak, so why is the ability to leave cloner notes reserved for a single person?

Cloner notes are a lovely addition, and I think accidental puritan clones would stop happening as frequently if we gave general medical staff this feature.
normally I usually agree with anything that is "let's make this easier and less tedious" but I genuinely think accidental puritan cloning is more a feature than a bug that needs solving. It's definitely something you should avoid if you aren't ready to handle it, but if it does happen on accident I mean... whatever it happens. If you take puritan you're running the risk that medical forgets to medtrak scan you and hastily clones you.
(04-23-2024, 12:08 PM)Fuppy Wrote: normally I usually agree with anything that is "let's make this easier and less tedious" but I genuinely think accidental puritan cloning is more a feature than a bug that needs solving. It's definitely something you should avoid if you aren't ready to handle it, but if it does happen on accident I mean... whatever it happens. If you take puritan you're running the risk that medical forgets to medtrak scan you and hastily clones you.

Oh I agree! but there's the flipside in that a competent and prepared doctor can then set notes, and not rely on solely the MD for cloning notes. Considering puritan status is still found exclusively via medtrak scanning, I dont think this'll actively reduce ACCIDENTAL clones but it will add another aspect to "medbay housekeeping" that I think is unfairly restricted to only command roles. The caveat with the main suggestion being that perhaps Puritan and other significant traits are not found via this search. Hell, I think even just an allergy search would be a fairly compelling search option.
(04-23-2024, 01:08 PM)Kateaclysm Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 12:08 PM)Fuppy Wrote: normally I usually agree with anything that is "let's make this easier and less tedious" but I genuinely think accidental puritan cloning is more a feature than a bug that needs solving. It's definitely something you should avoid if you aren't ready to handle it, but if it does happen on accident I mean... whatever it happens. If you take puritan you're running the risk that medical forgets to medtrak scan you and hastily clones you.

Oh I agree! but there's the flipside in that a competent and prepared doctor can then set notes, and not rely on solely the MD for cloning notes. Considering puritan status is still found exclusively via medtrak scanning, I dont think this'll actively reduce ACCIDENTAL clones but it will add another aspect to "medbay housekeeping" that I think is unfairly restricted to only command roles. The caveat with the main suggestion being that perhaps Puritan and other significant traits are not found via this search. Hell, I think even just an allergy search would be a fairly compelling search option.
I originally wrote this suggestion for traits like medical allergies or just allergies so ambitious doctors can search easily someone's allergy before treatinf them, opportunist antag can use it to poison someone, or any roleplay purpose. Then the other traits are just to add flavour on what medtrak could do, which seems more like an accessory. So I agree with the last line, maybe searching only which crew has allergy rather than looking up for traits seems like a better idea for what I want to suggest. Dunno if I should make a different discussion for this. Guh.

Yeah, i agree. I think competent doctors being able to scan and go "don't clone them, they're puritan" is completely fine. But this feature, like Emimiyu proposed, would enable doctors to easily print a whole list and lay it next too cloning for everyone to see. I think that goes too far.
(04-23-2024, 01:08 PM)Kateaclysm Wrote:

my main concern is that doctors who don't do this upkeep or miss it (mainly talking about newer players) will be scolded for missing the note and hitting the clone button since It'll be more common with other doctors setting notes. Like I said before I really don't think accidental puritan cloning is a huge deal, but some people take it a bit too seriously imo. And I suppose that's another reason why I'm resistant to this idea. Since it kind of leans into puritans being something every doctor should be on top of since they have the capability to do so, rather than just a "shit happens" moment if one gets cloned. as for the allergy search idea I honestly don't have an issue with that. definitely feels like one of those things where checking is just an extra thing you can do as opposed to what you should do. But hey I could be totally wrong, and the culture around puritan cloning might not change any if something like this was implemented.
(04-23-2024, 11:23 AM)Kateaclysm Wrote: While it's slightly off-topic, it's confusing to me that leaving notes next to a cloning record is something only the AI / Medical director can do.

if they can be set by anyone, they can be erased by anyone. the high fidelity of the information right now is based on the limited number of people who can mess with it.
I think it's a good idea, people rarely accidentally clone puritans these days anyway, and if they do, then a small little post-it note next to cloner sure isn't going to make them reconsider. If anything, it's a nice QoL feature.