Declan Cooper HoS App
Usual character name: Declan Cooper
BYOND username: OmegaShoots
Discord username (if you are on our discord): OmegaShoots
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Classic

Reason for application: For a chance to play HoS and play some fun gimmicks. Also usually on at odd hours, especially during the night during NA hours when not a lot of sec/HoS are on.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Been playing ss13 for about 8 years now and goon about 3-4 and a lot of that time has been spent playing command roles and security. I've played with and against many good and bad sec players and have learned many good behavior to emulate and bad ones to avoid during this time. A lot of that being to focus on the major crimes and leave minor crimes to either play out or if you do intervene make it enjoyable for everyone (not arresting the scientist for punching a guy once and putting him in a cell for 4 minutes.) Played a lot of HoS and Captain on what was my main server before coming to goon, /tg/, (although HoS isn't a whitelisted role there but you still have a lot of responsibility and sway on the round) and had many situations in which I've had to stop bad players (and not new ones) from being shitters and ruining the time of people they were arresting and dealing with, since I had been on the other end of that stuff quite a few times while playing there and it's never fun sitting around for 10 minutes waiting for it to be dealt with. And ever since leaving there and coming here I've mostly played sec to interact with people in a fun way and not dunk on their games. Antags like sec that lets them have a chance to play, and regular crew like sec that keeps them safe and helps them out when they need it, and this gameplay is always the kinda way I like to play sec. (Rev rounds really being the only exception but that's rev since it has a round condition to end.) I have a lot of fun playing here and it always has a positive impact on the way I play and how I interact with players and I know that I can keep that attitude and help spread it along if I'm accepted for Head of Security. 

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Play a lot of other roles to familiarize yourself with all the other game functions you don't know about and understand how they affect the station, and how they play together with the crew, since this will help a lot when you're sec if you need to help out other players or take over a situation if antags are going crazy. (How to fix cloner if spies have stolen it, how to build walls or get materials to do so to repair breaches etc). Always respond to sec alerts, since you might be the only person there to respond to it and not know it.

• What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? Auto naming of sec pinpointers, and possibly a unique machine to place them and sec clone disks inside the sec lobby.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run: Clown sec day, sec can only wear clown gear and have to stop all crimes against hilarity

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None on goon, a minor 3 day chaplain job ban on /tg/ many years ago