Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riot shotgun and pulse rifle mechanical difference
Been thinking about it for a while, but riot shotgun rubber shells and pulse rifle kinetic pulse are nearly the same in what they do (from armory view). Pulse rifle just uses energy (also has 8 shots per cell), does disorient instead of stagger, and I guess does more damage the further a target is thrown (if hitting a wall I think), which is still nearly identical. Not sure if there's any reason why or if there's been discussion on this in the past

Was just thinking, it would be cool if the pulse rifle kinetic pulse did something different to distinguish it maybe? Some ideas could be:
-Reducing throw or projectile range, but making the projectile go through windows (or even walls?)
-Instant disarm for held item, but no knockback (maybe a bit too strong, but ABG shells do this anyways if you hit a wall, and plays into the same spam fire + rush gameplay as riot shotgun)
-Doing small time limb stuns (from PR #14886), depending on targeting chest/arms or legs
Letting them go through windows is a good idea, I think all laser guns should be able to do that (Tasers don't count)