Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
The hygiene meter kind of stinks
(04-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: Showering and washing your hands doesn't disrupt stale roleplay situations, it disrupts fun. The forums and discord channels are full of complaints over hygiene because of this and it will continue to come up until it inevitably gets removed.

Food and drinks work cause you can visit other places.
You can go to the cafeteria and see what's going on there and have some food.
You can go to a vending machine and get a fast snack.
You can go to botany to get some weed with some of their natural grown food.

With washing, most of the time people go: "WHERE'S THE SHOWERS?!"

In my opinion, I don't care for the stink lines unless I roleplay someone respectable. But most of the time I don't bother, especially jobs that get me messy every time.

So to fix being filthy, everyone has to go to the showers.. but no roleplay ever happens there. Cause in real life, most people do not shower or bath with others. Privacy you know?  Then add the mechanic you cannot wear anything thus dropping most of your gear before showering, leaving them exposed and having a risk.. Yea I do rather have stink lines or take a QUICK SHOWER to make sure my stuff doesn't get stolen. Since most showers do not have personal lockers...

Anyway I mentioned most of this before... I don't think it has to be removed at all. I just think we should "mask" the stink lines with mechanics we already have.
Like for example, that "flowery" status we see that botany can make and some devices. I think it's suppose to make you smell good but the buff does nothing?
I never figured it out since it's rare to see. 

Eitherway... we don't like the hygiene meter for various reasons. It doesn't motivate you to interact in the showers/bathrooms cause... 
- most people crave privacy there and not getting their items stolen.
- There is mostly only 1 location for showers on the station.
- Most just want to get it over with asap.

So it takes you away from hubs to a place no one wants to interact.