Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
skill harm can detected by guardbot
the guradbot cant detect skill killing someone for example arc can shot me to death even the guardbuddy is next to me but some unharmthing like shooting foam dart got arrest.
Sorry what?! I can't make out what you typed in there.

Can you rephraze... everything?
(04-12-2024, 04:11 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Sorry what?! I can't make out what you typed in there.

Can you rephraze... everything?
The guard bot can do the guard job only when someone hit physical attack like hitting punch hold or thrown stuff.but when snow-human antag like arc,vamp can killing people by his skill and it not provoke guardbuddy.for example as RD and command 4 guardbuddy to protect me the arc can just zap me to death and the guard bot not attack the arc.
Ohhhhhh you mean that guardbuddy should be able to set antags who use abilites to arrest (glares, stings, bites, arcfiend shocks). I mean I suppose so, but imo that's offset by the fact those antags have their own built-in weaknesses. Traitors and spiefs only have to contend with the station and bots finding their contraband, but ability antags have weaknesses i.e. insuls and SMES for arcfiend, holy water and space for vamp, etc. It just takes proactivity from security to set those ability antags to arrest anyway.
1st off:
Do these guard buddies set to defend someone like the RD?
If yes.. then I see no reason why they shouldnt flash or arrest anyone who does DAMAGE to them in any form.

If it's a regular one... then I understand why. They aren't programmed to stop anything from harming others. Nor are Beepskies.
If you are using abillities, securitrons will ignore it. Cause it will be seen as a "brawl"

But I am against anything that does STAMINA damage or KNOCKS OUT a target. Only when HP damage is involved must the guard buddies engage to defend their programmed target.

I also asked for the rephrazing since it wasn't clear if you went securitrons (beepskies), normal guardbuddies or programmed to guard-guardbuddies.

Also guardbuddies will go after contraband like foam guns, will harras Shelterfrog people and will defend themselves.
They IGNORE anyone set to arrest since they are "civilian" bots.

Anyway that's all. I'd say bodyguardbuddies must react regardless.
(04-12-2024, 06:19 AM)Kotlol Wrote: 1st off:
Do these guard buddies set to defend someone like the RD?
If yes.. then I see no reason why they shouldnt flash or arrest anyone who does DAMAGE to them in any form.

If it's a regular one... then I understand why. They aren't programmed to stop anything from harming others. Nor are Beepskies.
If you are using abillities, securitrons will ignore it. Cause it will be seen as a "brawl"

But I am against anything that does STAMINA damage or KNOCKS OUT a target. Only when HP damage is involved must the guard buddies engage to defend their programmed target.

I also asked for the rephrazing since it wasn't clear if you went securitrons (beepskies), normal guardbuddies or programmed to guard-guardbuddies.

Also guardbuddies will go after contraband like foam guns, will harras Shelterfrog people and will defend themselves.
They IGNORE anyone set to arrest since they are "civilian" bots.

Anyway that's all. I'd say bodyguardbuddies must react regardless.
I mean the program guardbuddy.for this case is guard_script RD.