Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average
[MERGED PR] Gives captain a mindshield
the lizard captains would be so sad
I think for this PR to become permanent it needs the health alert section of the implant removed. I agree with stopping the mindhack from being easy to instantly use on powerful roles, but the health alert makes it next to impossible to kill a captain and get away with it
(04-09-2024, 07:58 PM)Carton Wrote: I think for this PR to become permanent it needs the health alert section of the implant removed. I agree with stopping the mindhack from being easy to instantly use on powerful roles, but the health alert makes it next to impossible to kill a captain and get away with it

I think Glowbold's suggestion is a good balance to this. making it so only command get alerted, so you have to just hope that one of the heads is paying attention in that moment. or that they're even able to get a hold of security because they very well may be preoccupied with other (seemingly) more pressing things.
(04-10-2024, 12:20 AM)Fuppy Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 07:58 PM)Carton Wrote: I think for this PR to become permanent it needs the health alert section of the implant removed. I agree with stopping the mindhack from being easy to instantly use on powerful roles, but the health alert makes it next to impossible to kill a captain and get away with it

I think Glowbold's suggestion is a good balance to this. making it so only command get alerted, so you have to just hope that one of the heads is paying attention in that moment. or that they're even able to get a hold of security because they very well may be preoccupied with other (seemingly) more pressing things.

I would agree with you were it not for the fact that HOSes exist, and would almost certainly notice and notify security, leading to pretty much the exact same thing happening, it would still lessen the problem since there isn't always a HOS, but I don't think it would be the best solution. It's already extremely difficult to kill a captain unnoticed without the death alert being present at ALL, so I don't really see a need for the death alert to exist?
I've seen captains die most.rounds with the implants and it hasn't changed much in terms.of catching or identifying the problem. Majority of captains get a health or clone scan anyway
I do feel a little bad for antags when they pull off something really clever in order to kill the captain, only for the entire relevant half of the station being alerted to the corpses' position. We had a round recently where a very cool syndicate cloner setup was sabotaged by the unfortunate side-effect of the protection implant giving them an inherent alert.
Ngl, health implant kinda need a tweak itself. Issue is it's becoming a mechanic that invites valid-hunt. I have seen half of medbay ran off to space diner just because an antag tried to kill one secoff and none of them even brought other security there. I agree with captain not starting with health implant cause you will be swarmed with medbay players "who got bored". There was a reasom why sec didn't get crit alert anymore, because it was too strong, but considering medbay will get notified anyway, I would prefer if the captain's mindshield don't include a health alert. So it is not fully strong and the captain can choose if they want a health implant or not.