Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The magic of Halloween's Altar
Last years we been getting more chaotic halloweens...

Mostly due to a mysterious artifact that gives you crayons and this stuff.. is as complex as chemicals. But with more blood sacrifices!

The problem is.. you can only do it for a small period of time and to me.. that's a shame. It is very cool to see people experiment with this magic chalk stuff.
The other problem is.. it costs spacebux to activate. And once used it's gone.
So it basically is SpaceBux to enter to use.. hope no one interrupts you.. hope no one gets angry at you for not doing your job doing this stuff.. and hope no one blows up the station before you finish the experiment.

So my suggestion is.. Can we have this return as a permanent thing?
Not in the chapel or anything, but.. randomly in the debris field?

Cause these mechanics are fun and should be able to be explored more! (I also think a year ago I recommended an "Event merchant where you could buy it")
I'd like to see the altar in game year-round somehow, since I still don't know how it works after 3 Halloween cycles. I don't know how practical it'd be, or how it'd be implemented, but the debris field or a trader(perhaps it's a costly purchase from Vuldarak??) could be cool.
no from me. people crowd around this thing all rounds dozens of rounds in a row. it's okay if it's halloween only.
Altar rituals are very powerful and have a lot of really frustrating features that is fine for a seasonal event but would be really grating if it was something people could just potentially Get any round. It's around for a whole month, there's plenty of time to play a round or two and find out what it's all about
The crowding would end if it wasn't a month round... but..

The very powerful thing... that's hacking in Dwaine too technically.
How powerful is it? Since i never seen the TRUE PEEK OF IT.
I have to admit that for this thing in particular, I do feel it makes a lot of sense being seasonal. I love the content, too, but it feels quite halloween-focussed and something fun to look forward to for it, while being just that little bit janky/gimmicky/weird things you can do with it I'm not sure if it'd be a positive contribution to be around full-time.

I do think there's a decent bit of room for additions to the chaplain's role though that could potentially take some inspiration from this, and I'd love to see some interesting features thought out related to that.
I think their should be different items and abilities based on a Chaplain class which represents a different faith.

I like the bible powers, bible farting, and holy water. But I do find it limiting that the only chaplain items in game with any effect into actual game play all are Christian derivative; even if it is in space.

I'm wondering what would be proper gear and ability for a bhuddist monk or the atheist as there's an atheist outfit.
I do see uses of the "altar" in enriching the chaplain stuff, but as someone who mains chaplain and likes to flavor things.
I do not think the chaplain needs that altar in a "nerfed" way.

It would take too much to rework, unless it's the faustian chaplain. One of my favorite traitors since it brings chaos and fun to everyone.
My problem with them is simple.
"Sign contracts, get more maximum health, spend 3 points for a new random contract that can be good or bad, has one random chance to get a book that spawns a super boss wich requires 12 souls."
For one, the super boss book should be standard.
But this aint the topic to discuss this.

I do think the mechanics of halloween's altar is cool. As a seasonal thing too but it costs Spacebux you do not get back.
The reason I want it to be 24/7 in the game is not cause it's broken and OP. We got science doing broken and OP stuff every day with chemicals and other special map stuff in an acid sea for one. (Seriously DWAINE, Chems , the material doohickey, artifacts. Science does a lot of OP stuff)

I just want something like the altar, thats complex and OP as well.
As suggested, how about hiding it somewhere? Like debris field or any of the publicly accessible azone adjacent things

Doubt people would be crowding around it.

Science also has bombs
(03-05-2024, 02:22 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: As suggested, how about hiding it somewhere? Like debris field or any of the publicly accessible azone adjacent things

Doubt people would be crowding around it.

Science also has bombs

I think it being in an Azone is probably for the best.
The only reason I want to see it more outside of halloween is because it has complex mechanics I want to learn.

And as cal says: "People crowd it during it."
...yea... I know... that's why I want to make it an all year thing so people don't crowd it.

Remember that an item like the skateboard is rare too, but people do not crowd it when it appears.
So I see no reason why the altar cannot have the same effect. In my opinion.. it would open possiblities for antagonists to use them too without pulling and pushiing from your average staff assistant.

Wich is why I recommend hiding it. Have it be something there to be found who wants to work with it.
(03-05-2024, 02:22 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: As suggested, how about hiding it somewhere? Like debris field or any of the publicly accessible azone adjacent things

this has never, ever stopped people who wanted to do these things before. they just go there immediately and fuck off from everyone else.