Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Headspider Takeover Timing Change/Headspider Change
As of right now, Headspider takeovers act like a disease, so if you’re unlucky a changeling can take you over in 10 seconds or less. 
Id like to propose a change to the timing, so that there is atleast some sort of timed gate before each roll, with a maximum of 1-2 minutes and a minimum of somewhere around 40 seconds, alternatively we can just remove the dna cost on the headspider, but limit its usage to 1-2 times?
I agree somewhat, though I'd wanna keep fast takeovers as some kinda rare chance.
(03-02-2024, 08:50 AM)Cal Wrote: I agree somewhat, though I'd wanna keep fast takeovers as some kinda rare chance.

I'd say fast take overs are "You take em over fast, you win"

But slower ones will give bonuses or mutations. Since you are now fighting it.
So let's say the slowest one would make em be able to take horror form right away with some DNA to sustain it.
While the fast one is just.. a take over.. yay?

Gives a reason for both versions: "Do you need a fast new body or are you willing to risk being extracted and killed?"
I think a good idea would be to make the chances of advancing the takeover start off slow, and get faster as time passes, making it unlikely for the takeover to be instantaneous or unfairly long.
tbh the baseline disease code should probably choose a time to increase stage, rather than ticking probability every life tick.
When i coded lungrot, i stumbled upon the same thing and it annoyed me to no end.

I think this is pretty much in the realm of "any rework/refactor of disease code is highly appreciated, but you just gotta code it".
If it takes longer than it would be nice to make it take more effort to remove the headspider. The reason I say that is the Ling is already super easy to take out in many aspects.

All the crew has to do is stun, go to operating table, grab scalpel and saw, and done.