Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Give Werewolves some sort of hunger mechanic
As it stands, other than green texting, there is no real motivation for Werewolves to really do anything. I've said this before in the discord but I can count on one hand how many times I've seen a WW actually do antagonist things and not just hang around and act like a crew member. Now Changelings have a similar thing but Changelings who just hang around tend to be in the minority. I propose either A) give the WW a visual overhaul that makes it look meaner or B) give them a hunger mechanic. In many WW mythos the man has to fight the control of the beast, so sating it by feeding would work. If you don't feed the beast, it will start to lash out, randomly attacking whoever is near you (except other werewolves). Any thoughts?
Objectives are optional, especially on classic.

I don't think we need to add even more superficial mechanics to encourage people to indiscriminately murder.

Changeling dna or vampire blood are already bad enough as-is.
I think WW is fine as it is, doesn't need motive to do it's thing.

The only one I think has something like Blood and DNA that needs improving is the Arcfiend.

Cause right now it's... Drain power, move away, drain power, move away, drain power, move away.
You never get that moment of: "Now I collect enough power to make security PAY!" unlike changelings and vampires.

Werewolves can just do this out of the gate like traitors.

So yea.. I think if any antagonist that needs more.. it's the arcfiend.
(02-05-2024, 11:00 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Cause right now it's... Drain power, move away, drain power, move away, drain power, move away.
You never get that moment of: "Now I collect enough power to make security PAY!" unlike changelings and vampires.

Werewolves can just do this out of the gate like traitors.

So yea.. I think if any antagonist that needs more.. it's the arcfiend.

You got the arcfiend wrong there.

The arcfiend is like the werewolf and traitors, equipped with their tools right out of the gate. The difference is them being much more hit- and run-focussed, needing to recharge between encounters.

If you try to lock their fuel for abilities behind kills/attacking, especially flash and ride the lightning, they simply stop working properly.

The antag not going "ha, now i can fight sec" is simply like a traitor being afraid of fighting against security. They got all they need from the start, just do it!
I think the problem is that people simply don’t want to play werewolf in the first place.

If you don’t want to play as werewolf then don’t check the option to play as one. This goes for any antag.