Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[MERGED PR] Purgatives and dialysis machine rebalance
I have not seen the dialysis machine used much, so buffing it to see if that makes it more attractive to use could be a good idea. This is with the caveat that I have not used the machine myself, so I do not know how efficient it is at the moment.

I do not have very strong feelings when it comes to nerfing the general purgatives. Charcoal is a very weak and somewhat RNG-based purgative, so I do not think it is in strong competition with the dialysis machine. Calomel does have the drawback of dealing damage, though it is a strong purgative otherwise. Pentetic acid is very strong, and could probably easily take a little nerf and still be very useful. Hunchback is a bit more on the gimmick side I think, with the massive risk to health when it is used. It does give the bartender a way to flush someone though, with the caveat that the person will probably be writhing in a pool of their own vomit in the process.

I am not in favour of nerfing targeted purgatives. They either have very specific applications that I think should be rewarded when used properly, or they are more like joke chems like in the case of atrazine removing THC/CBD. I do not think touching, for example, Milk's capsaicin removal will in any way affect the usage of the dialysis machine, which this PR is supposed to address.

Jelly

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Purgatives and dialysis machine rebalance - by GreenJelly - 10-30-2023, 02:32 PM