Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[MERGED PR] Purgatives and dialysis machine rebalance
(10-29-2023, 10:21 AM)Ikea Wrote: Why should smelling salts have the same effect as calomel? I like the current dichotomy smelling salts have of a chemical that is harm free and easy to get, but using it will probably have you knocked out anyways, while calomel is a chemical that is harder to get and damaging, but you probably wont get knocked out. It makes ling encounters interesting and dynamic. I think balance changes should make the game more interesting, not less. I think a big part of this discussion is the divide between RP and Classic balance when it comes to changeling and I do have a comment Im typing out that should be more constructive in what to do here

Smelling salt are the narcotic counter. It should be equally strong or stronger than most other purger for the thing they are supposed to purge.

It's not an RP against classic thing. Calomel/hunchback values are so arbritrary high that they dont leave much design space. And smelling salts are a perfect example why that's a problem.

Personaly, i would be even more fine with buffing smelling salts against ling stings than buffing calomel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Purgatives and dialysis machine rebalance - by Lord_earthfire - 10-29-2023, 10:54 AM