Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[MERGED PR] Purgatives and dialysis machine rebalance
I like getting one from cargo - but it has to be faced that it is not a cure-all.
Few issues are:
1. Cargo has not enough budget.
There is not enough time to accrue x credits before the patient(s) die. Purgatives are used in conjunction with healing chem mix to give a best effort at healing.
2. There are no QMs/available crew with access.
Good luck?
3. More of a continuation, the patient has to be BROUGHT to, or the machine BROUGHT to, the patient.
They're still poisoned!

The downsides of having to bring a patient (even yourself) to the machine can end up being significant enough that I imagine no matter the nerf, purgatives will still be superior due to their availability. You can't use what's not there, after all.

There are significant downsides to ordering from QM should the dialysis machine 'dissapear', and I find it unlikely that it will be every shift, let a lone a few, that multiple will be created/ordered- outside of gimmicks.

On lings, uh, I guess? I have no problems with it being harder for people to counter ling stings outside of ammonium bicarbonate (smelling salts). They should be able to KO people pretty reliably, otherwise it's tough luck for the ling.

Also, calomel just straight up sucks. I would love a PR that does nothing but make it harder to create, and more punishing and/or less effective. It's too good for how trivial it is to make.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Purgatives and dialysis machine rebalance - by Meggal Bozale - 10-29-2023, 10:14 AM