Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QOL: Harm intent prevents placing items in chutes/tables
Okay- picture it. You're in the middle of the rampage, and you get cornered into a place with chutes/tables. No problem, as you hack and slash your cursor away. However, one little misinput, and you place your weapon on the table. Game over, as the other person picks it up and beats the shit out of you.

We've all had that frustrating moment where we table/place something in the chute when we really didn't want to. I mean, yeah funny and all but I feel like it takes the peace of mind away from combat, especially when attempting a special attack for instance. 

I am suggesting harm intent prevents placing your held item onto tables or into chutes. Of course, the item can still be shoved off your hand, but you cannot say, put an item onto a table while on harm intent.

Thoughts?
Agreed... we know use harm on tables and such to deconstruct them.. so harming them now will make you attack them?
(10-22-2023, 03:48 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Agreed... we know use harm on tables and such to deconstruct them.. so harming them now will make you attack them?

That would definitely be a decent alternative, as any item will smack against the table or hit the chute instead.  Though, it might mean tables can be removed without the need of a wrench, such as the table that divides medical and science in cogmap1.
(10-22-2023, 07:05 AM)Terms-On-Dragon Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 03:48 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Agreed... we know use harm on tables and such to deconstruct them.. so harming them now will make you attack them?

Well, what if it was like the HoS locker? Indestructable but still could be hit? Or perhaps unreinforced tables can be like Security lockers, which are really tanky.
(10-22-2023, 07:05 AM)Terms-On-Dragon Wrote: That would definitely be a decent alternative, as any item will smack against the table or hit the chute instead.  Though, it might mean tables can be removed without the need of a wrench, such as the table that divides medical and science in cogmap1.

Don't forget that tables at roundstart are reinforced and need to be welded before they can be disassembled. Could be like that too, and only weapons that are able to break down walls can break these special tables. 

Honestly, grabbing a welder and wrench is already a very low bar so if anything as strong as/stronger than a fire extinguisher could break tables after enough whacks. Those things are able to break anti-tamper devices without being energy powered, I can believe they can break tables.
Once, someone placed a bunch of toilets in the hallways, and I flushed my rampage weapon straight down the toilet, because click.

Would be nice for there to be a QOL change where you just bash the table/chute/toilet instead. I'd say, give it about a quarter of the HP or a door? Maybe a bit more for normal tables? And half, or just a bit more for reinforced tables as well? I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to smash an obstacle if you get blocked behind it, for standard gamplay, not even involving rampaging.
(10-23-2023, 04:00 PM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: Once, someone placed a bunch of toilets in the hallways, and I flushed my rampage weapon straight down the toilet, because click.

Would be nice for there to be a QOL change where you just bash the table/chute/toilet instead. I'd say, give it about a quarter of the HP or a door? Maybe a bit more for normal tables? And half, or just a bit more for reinforced tables as well? I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to smash an obstacle if you get blocked behind it, for standard gamplay, not even involving rampaging.

Just for everyones benefit. as long as you dont flush the toilet, you can click drag from the toilet to your sprite to access its inventory and remove items from it.

If you flush it, then the item gets put into the toilets fising pool so grab a fishing rod and cross your fingers!
Probably a good idea
(10-23-2023, 04:00 PM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: Once, someone placed a bunch of toilets in the hallways, and I flushed my rampage weapon straight down the toilet, because click.

okay but "rampage foiled by swarm of toilets" is fucking hilarious
This would be very onerous to code, as all of these various reactions would be singletons, and I think it'd be very confusing for people as to why their intent would matter in this specific circumstance.