Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Remove Security's access to the crematorium on RP
If security's crematorium door access is removed they will still have direct access to the crematorium via morgue pipe, which allows space for door access to be a benefit of crew coordination. Security suspicion about non-humans earlier in the round should be a catalyst for preparation, including getting access/permission lined up before needing to use it, when possible. The relevant knowledge about any non-human antagonist is omnipresent in security by the time it comes to really kill one - security 'knows' not to throw the ling into the crusher, just shoot it, or space it to really end the threat. What revoking access does is adds another gradient step in that escalation path that encourages sec to share some knowledge about potential threats earlier in the round in an RP-friendly way - conversations with people.

On RP specifically, I don't think this change makes the chaplain have the ultimate word about using the crematorium; they are the first person to ask. If they disagree, the chain of command works and going over their head to the HoP or Captain for access does not seem unreasonable to me. I feel like silicons are also primed to help security over the chaplain when it comes to these specific matters. If they're all absent, you are a crew member can hack the door open ahead of time. Not ideal, but there's a lot of other viable options along the way.

As much as burning the changeling in fire is a trope, so is never really knowing if you got them.

Outside of changelings, this does have a noticeable effect to how i play *all* antagonists. Security has a round-start method of stunning and dragging me to a push-button death with no risk of accident - you can't self-immolate. That 0.01% chance of an accident at the mining shuttle or grinder feels tangibly different to me versus being dragged (not even grabbed!) to the incinerator stunned or unconscious.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Security's access to the crematorium on RP - by glowbold - 09-14-2023, 01:14 PM