Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Large List of Fishing Ideas/Changes
Fishing QoL for Borgs

+ Give Borgs stronger fishing poles (they spawn with the basic one)

+ Click-dragging fish into the research terminal puts all nearby fish inside

+ Click-dragging tickets instantly stacks all nearby tickets

+ Click-dragging tickets into the vending machine puts them inside

Misc. Interactions

+ Herrings can cut down trees

+ Cats eat nearby raw fish (maybe different fish have unique interactions when cats eat them?)

+ Goldfish count as gold nuggets when sold, can also be refined into gold ingots

+ Pike has a forward tile attack instead of a sweep and can be worn on the back like a large weapon

+ Allow fishing rods to be placed into the research terminal to refund tickets (marked down from original price)

Fashion

+ Basic eels can be worn like a scarf (bonus points if they can come in other colors)

+ Meat mutants can be worn like hats

+ Fishing machine sells muck boots (no mechanical benefit) and the angler suit comes in random colors

Fishing Locations

+ Clothing Booth (Vending machine drops + clothes)

+ Jukebox (Vending machine drops + records)

+ Gibbers (Cryo/Cloning tube drops)

+ ATMs (M o n e y)

+ Material Processors (ore, scrap, slag)

+ Empty light fixtures (wires, scrap, transisters)

+ Capsule machines pull vending machine items + figurine/handheld game capsules

+ Morgue chutes use cryo/cloning tube drops

Fishing Locations (Didn't get to testing if these work)

+ Robot debris (borg parts, organs, scrap, wires)

+ Flock floor goop (gneisis shards, sheets, handheld items, furniture)

+ Fireworks boxes (f i r e w o r k s)

Meat Mutants (Nature's cleanbot)

+ Eats nearby meat, limbs, organs, and blood

+ Prioritizes eating before attacking other players

+ Can be tamed if petted enough? If it eats enough food?

+ Tamed mutants will have a smile instead of a scowl and make happy noises when petted

+ Butcherable
I like some of the suggestion, but a hard no for stronger fishing rods on borgs until modules for them get a massive rework. I am already not a fan of the civilian module being overcrowded as fuck with items already.

And goldfish can be processed into gold... you're just looking at the wrong kind of goldfish smile
Wouldn't we just replace the basic fishing rod they get with a better one instead of adding more? I'm not understanding your point of view with the fishing rods.
(09-08-2023, 01:50 AM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: Wouldn't we just replace the basic fishing rod they get with a better one instead of adding more? I'm not understanding your point of view with the fishing rods.

Borgs are designed to be more versatile than humans but more restricted in the depth of tasks they can do. I am simply against giving borgs the same fishing capabilities humans have for as long as their modules are so versatile as they are. If they have to dedicate with a module to fishing, i would be completely fine with it.

And keep in mind, many fishing places are normally restricted by dangers or access-restrictions borgs are simply immune to or have access to from the get-go
It's true that the Civilian module is crowded with items, but it'd be weird to justify making an entire module for a single item so they can have the full fishing experience.

Fishing is a flavor activity where the best possible tool for the job can be obtained in minutes with beginner level fishing locations. I understand restricting items for critical roles, but I'm unaware of why fishing would count as one of those.
i'm dumb this was already in it. No way to delete comments so feel free to laugh at me
(09-08-2023, 02:22 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 01:50 AM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: Wouldn't we just replace the basic fishing rod they get with a better one instead of adding more? I'm not understanding your point of view with the fishing rods.

Borgs are designed to be more versatile than humans but more restricted in the depth of tasks they can do. I am simply against giving borgs the same fishing capabilities humans have for as long as their modules are so versatile as they are. If they have to dedicate with a module to fishing, i would be completely fine with it.

And keep in mind, many fishing places are normally restricted by dangers or access-restrictions borgs are simply immune to or have access to from the get-go

On this subject, it may be more effort than its worth but maybe let cyborgs upgrade their rods after fishing enough. Instead of 25 credits, they'd need to fish 25 times flat in order to upgrade to advanced, then 50 to master. Fishing with friends will let you aid others in getting the rods faster but fishing alone will let you get the rods eventually.

As for the other QoL, YES!
And yeah there's already a fish that can be made into gold nuggets.

Dunno how meat mutants could be hats and mobs at the same time, but I'd prefer them as a mob for extra crazy fishing factor.
Mutants are the mobs and meat mutants are the fish, it's weird that they share such a close name tbh.