Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Reworks chest organ surgery
I dislike the action bar on accessing the heart as it prevents people from doing 4 second heart surgeries
Please be sure to leave any feedback here during the test merge period.
The change itself isn't well communicated to people who didn't know it's happening (like myself). Could do with a subtle chat hint for those doing standard scalpel/saw surgeries.

I like the UI but it's really annoying that the UI closes once you succeed at cutting something out. Can it not just stay open on the same screen, and go back 1 level if there's no more organs? I keep having to click through 3 screens to cut stuff out. Maybe just add a back button.

Add a prompt for the hemostat when the torso is open. It's odd that your patient is bleeding due to a surgery step and the game doesn't tell you this or how to fix it.

Same for item insertion. Is there a reason it must be click-dragged to even appear? Just have it be a box at the lower gut level that you hit with the item you want to insert.
(09-27-2023, 03:19 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: The change itself isn't well communicated to people who didn't know it's happening (like myself). Could do with a subtle chat hint for those doing standard scalpel/saw surgeries.

I like the UI but it's really annoying that the UI closes once you succeed at cutting something out. Can it not just stay open on the same screen, and go back 1 level if there's no more organs? I keep having to click through 3 screens to cut stuff out. Maybe just add a back button.

Add a prompt for the hemostat when the torso is open. It's odd that your patient is bleeding due to a surgery step and the game doesn't tell you this or how to fix it.

Same for item insertion. Is there a reason it must be click-dragged to even appear? Just have it be a box at the lower gut level that you hit with the item you want to insert.

I think that the change throwing people off a little is to be expected considering how long it has remained relatively untouched. I expect that in a couple of day most surgeons will adjust. If it doesn't happen naturally, i could make it a little more obvious.

The ui reopening on a successful surgery makes sense. I changed it to do so, it's a nice QOL. Good catch.

The open chest wound is also a bit more obvious now, with a message appearing for everyone when a patient is opened up, and you can also examine a patient to check if they are currently bleeding out perpetually due to an unsecured chest wound. Thanks for the suggestion!

Not sure about chest item implants. The new way of doing it makes a bit more sense to be, you are dragging the item inside the patient in a litteral sense, by click dragging your mouse into the patient. The box appearing despite there being no item inside the patient might make the ui a bit cluttered and confusing.