Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Arcfiends should be more visually distinct.
Wizards, werewolves, and changelings all have a very obvious distinct sprite when they are in the big danger mode while arcfiends are just a normal person running next to you then suddenly you're stun locked to death unable to call for help.  This is in my opinion bad and feels really bad to play against.

With how strong arcfiends are in their current state I feel there should be some more visual distinction either after they reach a certain level of power or perhaps give them a unique form before they can use the more devastating abilities, like with werewolf and shambler forms.

Also, arcfiends shouldn't be able to use sec weapons, drain the charge from the weapons sure but use them fuck no.
What if they had some sparks particle effect for X seconds after using any ability?
Doesn't really solve the issue of an arcfiend powering up offstation and ambushing the 1 of 2 secoffs on goon1 then proceeding to rampage. However, I do think it would be worth adding just so that if someone stumbles on a scene it's obvious who's the badman.
In another topic we discussed the problem of the arcfiend not having any motivation to kill unless they really have to or want to.

The most annoying is that most arcfiends, drain an APC/such abit then run away constantly.

In my opinion... Arcfiends have "no end goal" to rampage.
Vampires/Changeing/werewolves/wizards do (Well wizards got it from the start)

Since the problem now is: "Gather power off station then kill a sec and go on a rampage."
It seems to fix that issue nor the wire running issue.

So I am going to resuggest this one:
A: Add a "rampage" form. Like an electrified form that can go all palpatine on people.
B: add Pali6's idea
C: Have arcifends breaking APC an actual goal of them. If they fully drain an APC and break it... they gain 1 point towards rampaging.
The more broken APCs the longer they can rampage.
This is ment to have players want to LOOK for the arcfiend and tipping them off of the existance of it.. but at the same time, not have the arcfiend focus on drain off station.
D: Only APCs on station level will give the arcfiend rampage points and only station level APCs give full power, anything off station only gives 10% or less.

And thats what I would add.
The thing is... Arcfiends are stealthy and running buggars that can cause major problems, but most drain a few apcs, then run. Repeat till you are ready for whatever.
But by adding the mechanic of breaking APCs it forces the arcfiend to commit to breaking stuff and not rely on stealing items from security.
Personally, i hard disagree on the issue in this topic in general.

Very sudden kills are simply a given in this game. Every traitor with a rampage item that fits in their pocket and a radio jammer can do the same. In fact, they can do it faster than an arcfiend.

Fast deaths are, given how expendable and easily cloneable crewmember are, an essential part of the game.
I think adding small sparks that increase in frequency / size depending on how much charge they have could be a good indicator. It gives you at least a small visual warning that there's a fully charged arcfiend heading your way.
This would mean that I would need to use my arc flash as they are running away from the big scary monster. Hitting a moving target with arc flash is annoying as swatting a fly with a fly-sized flyswatter. If I’m imagining things correctly then I don’t think I like this idea.
I mean, the big scary monster doesn't have to use the arcfiend abilities that are already in the game. Could add things like an electro ball attack that sends out an arc flash(s) near the impact area.
(09-01-2023, 06:12 PM)Wisemonster Wrote: I mean, the big scary monster doesn't have to use the arcfiend abilities that are already in the game. Could add things like an electro ball attack that sends out an arc flash(s) near the impact area.

I think the initial post was suggesting that arcfiends must be in a more obvious form in order to use their current offensive abilities.
Would be interesting to replace targeted abilities with fast projectiles (like that elec ball, sort of like wiz fireball)
Honestly the idea of an instane power scaled arcfiend approaching with a whirlwind of electricity would be awesome (terrifying)

I like the idea of a rampage mode but destroying APCs doesn't make sense, what if they can put power-sappers on APCs with an ability that drains that APCs battery power? Only repairable by replacing the APC cell, sappers and/or passively give small amounts of charge or allow an arcfiend to turn into some giant tesla coil ball (that would have to stand atop wires) to send arcflash blasts constantly at surrounding crew.

I feel like the above would all be very 'loud' and add to the theme of an arcfiend, as well as being impressive/terrifying. Makes the arcfiend look as powerful as they are.