Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Reworks Interdictor Mob Protection
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [STATUS EFFECTS] [INPUT WANTED]

About the PR
This pr refactors the interdictor's mob protection effects for wormholes/radstorms/magnetic biofields to a status effect. This also makes it so the interdictor's power drain will be affected by the amount of players in it's AoE, and not be drained whenever someone within the AoE negates a portal/magnetic biofield.

Why's this needed?
Currently, not many people know what interdictors do, and not many people realize that being within an interdictor during a radstorm protects you. This pr aims to make it so that people are more aware that the interdictor protects them from wormholes/radstorms/magnetic biofields, and make it so that the amount of people protected will influence power drain to a degree.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Wisemonster
(*)Interdictors will now drain 6u of power per player in their influence
(*)Removed power drain on interdictors from negating worm holes and magnetic biofields
(+)Changed the interdictor protection to be tied to a status effect
(+)Added a particle effect for the interdictor status effect

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Radstorm drain depended on amount protected and it made their use in the ranch completely useless. Does it really only work with players, or mobs in general?
I made it so if the creature in range is a mob/living, then they will get the buff. Assuming the chickens aren't obj/critters, they should be protected.
(07-10-2023, 12:20 PM)Wisemonster Wrote: I made it so if the creature in range is a  mob/living, then they will get the buff. Assuming the chickens aren't obj/critters, they should be protected.

Why didnt we just make every chicken invincible to Rads?
(07-10-2023, 12:48 PM)Kotlol Wrote:
(07-10-2023, 12:20 PM)Wisemonster Wrote: I made it so if the creature in range is a  mob/living, then they will get the buff. Assuming the chickens aren't obj/critters, they should be protected.

Why didnt we just make every chicken invincible to Rads?

Because radstorms are a good way to take care of chicken overpopulation. If the rancher does the mistake to not take care of their roosters, radstorms will.