Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Personal AI (PDA Liaison) - Playable PDA
(09-10-2023, 09:40 AM)Flourish Wrote: I don't think the admin / dev team is interested in adding PAIs. Personally I am very against adding a core role whose fundamental purpose is being an assistant / secretary for a specific single player and who largely does not exist in and cannot interact with the physical game world.

That's a shame to hear, but I've heard some admin and dev complaints with the idea. I *still* think there's something here that could be a genuinely good addition to the game that would be welcome by a lot of players. I may look into recycling components of this concept into a different idea, and I've already done some work so maybe I'll complete the idea just for a gimmick at some point, who knows.
Its really weird, I thought about this post the other day and was sad to think that it was left out and abandoned. Im very happy to hear its still being worked on. So thank you for that. I overall would really love to see this introduced, its a shame that the admins (that have spoken so far) are to fond of the idea but I would overall think that giving players the option doesnt remove anything, as long as the concept itself doesnt have flawed features I dont think we should be blocking players from a purely assistant role just because.

Either or, Love the idea. Really hope it worms its way into regular rounds
I'm like way late to this and the devs have already expressed their disinterest but I'd like to echo that I'm not really a fan of pAIs on other servers and think they wouldn't fit well here. on servers that have them they've always struck me as kinda just ghostcritters but you get to talk to people, and the way they're set up seems like they'd mainly be used by people who're already friends to hang with each other round after round

overall, not enthused, really
Although it is not likely an engaging role to remain stuck to one person for an entire round, especially since rounds last an hour or more, this could be a secondary function for the AI. Instead of a SICC brain, it could be swapped out with an AI interface, as to allow the AI to utilize the PDA as another shell; perhaps roboticists would spawn with an AI interface already installed in their PDAs. Now, I would not know how powerful it would be to control somebodies PDA entirely, so I estimate that there is an oversight that a rogue AI can forcibly explode the person's PDA, which might end up quite deadly.