Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideal properties for Antique Gun.
Since the wiki doesn't explain it, I wanted to ask here.
What is the ideal ingredient for the small coil and lens that are needed to repair the Antique Gun? My assumption is electrical conductivity for the coil and reflectivity for the lens but I could be completely wrong.
Also, does conductivity for the wire you insert matter?
Finally one bonus question: How radioactive are the uranium rocks you can buy from shady vendors? Is it as radioactive as Cerenkite?
The only property that matters for any part is quality. This is the only thing quality does. All parts contribute to the total quality, so lens, coil and battery
(06-08-2023, 03:26 PM)valtsu0 Wrote: The only property that matters for any part is quality. This is the only thing quality does. All parts contribute to the total quality, so lens, coil and battery

How do I get a certain part quality? Or does just the mere existance of the part increase quality, meaning that assembling the whole thing with wires, lens and coil maxes it out?
(06-09-2023, 10:24 AM)Guv Guvington Wrote:
(06-08-2023, 03:26 PM)valtsu0 Wrote: The only property that matters for any part is quality. This is the only thing quality does. All parts contribute to the total quality, so lens, coil and battery

How do I get a certain part quality? Or does just the mere existance of the part increase quality, meaning that assembling the whole thing with wires, lens and coil maxes it out?
mined goods will say their quality, which multiplies their value, prior to being put in the rockbox
(06-09-2023, 10:31 AM)Silent Majority Wrote:
(06-09-2023, 10:24 AM)Guv Guvington Wrote:

mined goods will say their quality, which multiplies their value, prior to being put in the rockbox
Can I see the quality of an item in the rockbox/when purchasing them from the rockbox or do I need to personally harrass the miners to get these resources? Also what happens if I combine different quality materials in alloys?
(06-09-2023, 10:33 AM)Guv Guvington Wrote: Can I see the quality of an item in the rockbox/when purchasing them from the rockbox or do I need to personally harrass the miners to get these resources? Also what happens if I combine different quality materials in alloys?

The quality of a material is is determined by the materials "base" quality and the quality "modifier". The quality modifiers can be found on the ore processing wiki page. I don't think the base quality of materials is listed anywhere and such i will leave you to figure them out. The modifier is lost as soon as the ore is put into a scoop or a rockbox.

It is completely possible to max out the antique gun with base quality alone.

The alloy has the average quality of its parents, like any other attribute.