Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
A minor change to tasers
Based on this bug report

I find the idea that the baton is blocked by SMES human but the taser isn't a kind of interesting dynamic. I was thinking, maybe the form of damage the taser delivers could be different?

Functionally, the taser would work exactly like it does right now, but instead of being based on electricity, it becomes a concussive audio blast cannon using directed sound waves to stun targets, much the same way an amplified vuvuzela does.

This gives players a new form of protection against ranged, in the form of ear protection. The trade off then is they can no longer hear what's going on, and miss out on plans to apprehend them being discussed over the radio

The secondary mode for the gun, instead of being multiple shots, is instead just a more powerful blast that can knock someone over who does have the protection, allowing you to move in with a baton and remove their earmuffs
I would like it, with traitor supply item "loudener" being used to "emag" it into a lethal/much more powerful variant
[Image: latest?cb=20121002143329]

Did somebody say...audio blast cannon?
Did you forget that wave guns exist
Doesn't the wave gun shoot a bunch of lasers though?
(05-22-2018, 02:17 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Doesn't the wave gun shoot a bunch of lasers though?

I believe that's the rave gun.
(05-22-2018, 01:55 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Did you forget that wave guns exist

Are those sound waves? I wasn't sure
Pretty sure they're concentrated light waves