Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spawn dead players as critters
We already have a prompt for dead players that gives them the option to spawn as a blob or krampus, why don't we expand that to other space monsters? Instead of 5 space wasps spawning on the station and stupidly lining up to home in on one guy, those wasps could be controlled by five previously dead players who would buzz around, dodge punches, and ruin everyone's shit. If someone's having an adventure on the ice moon or whatever, some dead players could be given control of ice spiders (and I know for a fact that wendigos are playable as an admin event.) I want to try out all the weird, wonderful critters the coders made and the admins occasionally spawn.
I support any player controlled-critters suggestions.
Or, if you want something a bit less drastic than the wasp invasion, mice and cockroaches are acceptable substitutes.
Space mouse.

Objective 1: Eat 30 cheese.

Objective 2: Escape the station to devour all the cheese from centcomm.
This happens occasionally as an admin thing; I've seen them let dead people respawn as killer tomatoes before.
Berrik Wrote:This happens occasionally as an admin thing; I've seen them let dead people respawn as killer tomatoes before.

lol. I got the idea fro the time I spawned as a plasma spore
Terrible idea, players are biased, critters are not, players can decide to not attack people on a adventure area because they know those players.
ErikHanson Wrote:Terrible idea, players are biased, critters are not, players can decide to not attack people on a adventure area because they know those players.
Hence my suggestion to let them respawn as things like mice and cockroaches. Or parrots, parrots would be cool.
Nobody said you had to be an antag as a critter anyway.

I've seen a player controlled man eating plant opt to just fight dudes in the ring and then eat the losers.

If a wendigo wants to fight a different wendigo to PROTECT HIS HOOMAN FAMILY, I don't have an issue with that.
Player controlled meteors. They spawn already hurling towards the station. They get about 10 to fifteen seconds of life to scream and steer themselves towards what they want to hit.
The harmless critters (space cates, mice, etc) probably wouldn't matter. Unless they were diseased.

Or... player bees Astonished stare
ErikHanson Wrote:Terrible idea
Gonna have to agree with Erik here. Also there really shouldn't be any rewards for being dead, once in a while is fine to picked for a special role. Gorgeous George
Vunterslaush Wrote:
Gonna have to agree with Erik here. Also there really shouldn't be any rewards for being dead, once in a while is fine to picked for a special role. Gorgeous George

Gotta agree with these two. Dead is dead and while being dead is boring I assume you have an internet connection to do other things while you wait for a new round. Also you can watch current antags, chat with people in deadchat or even with admins. Best case scenario is that there is a admin gimmick to watch or they bring back everyone from the dead for said gimmick.
Ed Venture Wrote:
Vunterslaush Wrote:

Gotta agree with these two. Dead is dead and while being dead is boring I assume you have an internet connection to do other things while you wait for a new round. Also you can watch current antags, chat with people in deadchat or even with admins. Best case scenario is that there is a admin gimmick to watch or they bring back everyone from the dead for said gimmick.

I don't want to, but I totally agree with this. As cool as respawning dead players as critters could be, leave it as an admin thing. Don't want some dork respawning as a mouse and chasing after the person who brutally murdered them, running around their heels and squeaking madly.
Yeah, while player-controlled mice running around and angrily squeaking at things is hilarious on paper, it'd probably lose the novelty after the fifth time or so.

Though I will point out that the "but they might chase after the antag that killed them" argument is kind of rendered null and void by the fact that, as far as my understanding goes, you're perfectly within your rights to chase after the antag that killed you when you get cloned back as a human. Don't know why there's the double standard as far as critters are concerned.