Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Replicants, as a trait
The simplest way I think this would work: someone with the Replicant trait spawns with “Replicant Blood”, in lovely off-white-red, that is functionally just blood.

Doesn’t need all the bells and whistles of a full different race/antag class, just let it be bonus Flavour & ImmersionTM. It’d see great use on the RP server too!
I feel like they could use one or two extra cosmetic differences. Like, maybe they can't have body hair, or have barcodes on the back of their skulls. Instead of names, they get serial codes and model numbers
Mutations don't work on replicants, positive or negative.
Maybe add replicant blood bags in tech storage in IV bags?
I love the above ideas, just kept it simple to start so it’d be easier to code ?

If we’re talking more in-depth I’d love a metal skeleton underneath, wanna make a sick metal skull mask.
Not entirely related, but it’d be great to add synth flesh to any robot limb to replace replicant parts (or stick ‘em on a human, even)
IIRC there used to be replicants on goon, I think it's been gone for a while though. You'd splash some synthflesh onto a cyborg and if you gave them enough, you could turn them into a replicant. I feel like replicants should stay cyborgs, or maybe their own class that makes them a little more human than cyborgs are.

If I'm not sure about making it a Trait or it's own "job", I think that replicants should make you have to abide by the 3 Laws of robotics, but maybe behave as though you have no idea that you are a robot. Like Blade Runner or sort of like Isaac Asimov's story Evidence and you obscure all health analyzer readings on you.

The synthblood for replicants sounds fine, but I'd rather see a use for bloodtypes that humans have before synthblood is added. Like the health analyzer upgrade should be able to detect blood type, or you check MedTrak, or perform some sort of blood test for a patient. And if the wrong blood type is added it should do significant TOX or OXY damage.
Cyborg is surprisingly limited, IMO, but everything else’s is awesome. Having laws would be quite fun, though they’d definitely have to be differenot to the AI laws. Maybe give a Replicant a smack with a Freeform to add a law?
Do we wanna go more Android, or Artificial Human with Replicants? Because I think custom designed humans closer to Blade Runner would give them a more unique feel.

I think it would be interesting if instead of Asimov laws, they instead had something more like...goals? Different priorities than humans?

Like, as a Replicant, you could do whatever you wanted, so long as it furthered your goals that were biologically built into you.

An example. A Replicant is given some standard goals like

1. Carry out the will and authority of NT command staff
  2. Assure the saftey and well-being of station personnel
  3. Assume responsibility in situations of chaos
  4. Resolve conflict politely and firm
^^^^^^^^^
This