Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost drones ideas and discussion
Maybe give Drones a really short range blink module to let them through walls, or something. Have it interfere with the magtractor if you don't want them to like, pull rare shit lodged inside the walls out of them, I dunno. As for the RCD, whatever happens, I just hope for flexibility. Either make it more robust or switch it for sheets. In that case, though, I'm good with 'improved RCD' rather than 'integrated sheets/etc'.

I am sort of disappointed at the lack of drone-deadchat interaction, though, because I've had awesome discussions cut short by the drone process that I couldn't have anticipated. What happens if you set DNR once you've already gone over the drone pad?
(06-29-2016, 09:48 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I am sort of disappointed at the lack of drone-deadchat interaction, though, because I've had awesome discussions cut short by the drone process that I couldn't have anticipated. What happens if you set DNR once you've already gone over the drone pad?

If you have DNR set once you reach the top of the queue and are about to be droned, it kicks you out of the queue.

I admit I may have undervalued the importance of social interaction with dead peeps for drones. It's a bit of a sticky subject though because simply by listening to deadchat, drones could learn a whole lot of stuff that may or may not be appropriate for them to know (obv this falls under rule-breaking if they act on it but I'm still cautious).
Well, what would be inappropriate for a drone to know, precisely? Most shit I see in Dead is "oh look at that guy killing dudes" or "here's something totally unrelated to the game", and drones aren't supposed to act on the former (that they can constantly get from the radio) anyway.

EDIT: When you're the only drone, or an early drone, or -whatever-, you basically lose the ability to talk to the crew AND the dead/observers at once and end up totally "mute", which is something neither 'life state' gets unless, you know, you get the mutism mutation.
I'm kinda in the drones and deadchat should remain separate. If you feel like you're missing out, you can either suicide as a drone, or invite the other ghosts to join you as drones and continue the chatter there.

Which makes me think of something. Let's say two people were fighting earlier in the round, and they both end up dying but wanting a rematch. If they choose to both become drones and duke it out that way, is that cool? Can assistants place bets on that?
If both of the drones agree to the deathmatch, sure I don't see a problem there. They might find it difficult to communicate that to the crew for bet placing though. Also it wouldn't be a very long match.
Please, PLEASE remove the sparks from the RCD for ghost drones.
The drone wiki page (and other relevant pages) is now live (WIP, but mainly finished):
http://wiki.ss13.co/Ghostdrone
http://wiki.ss13.co/Ghost_Drone_Factory
http://wiki.ss13.co/Jobs#Special_Roles
One thing a drone has is a soldering iron, but no device analyser? Curious to see the reasoning behind this, why bother have a soldering iron at all?
(06-30-2016, 06:14 AM)Sundance Wrote: One thing a drone has is a soldering iron, but no device analyser? Curious to see the reasoning behind this, why bother have a soldering iron at all?

I'd say magtractors, but then why give them a built-in soldering iron if you're gonna make them use a magtractor for an analyzer.
For a drone whose job is fixing and upgrading stuff a device analyzer makes sense.

One could worry about stepping on the toes of other jobs, but those jobs have the benefit of being alive and round active. Not to mention having hands and a backpack.
Hm, stepping on the toes of mechanics would be a strong point. Only thing is there's not that many device analysers floating about. I can think of 1 lying about on the station freely available.
Perhaps for balance reasons instead of outright giving them device analysers to be equipped, have 4-5 of them on the table at the factory?

Secondly I stand by the point that they should have some sort of cleaning apparatus. A little buffer would be great. Reasoning behind this if they start mopping floors, it kind of threading on law 1, you are intruding on peoples round if they're going to be slipping all over the place.

Thirdly, and ~unpopular opinion incoming~ but I think they have too much charge. 15000 charge should be brought down to 10000
This might just be me being salty but the Drones need their laws to clearly say "Stealing is forbidden/considered interaction", I've had several Drones steal items from me when I've set up a shop.
It's not salty, it's shit behaviour.
Law 1 clearly states
1. Avoid interaction with any living or silicon lifeforms where possible, with the exception of other drones.
Stealing your items is interaction. It doesn't have to be any more clear than that because it should be friggin' obvious.
Adminhelp it.
Unless I'm mistaken, you're freely allowed to destroy drones as a human or silicon if they become a nuisance, that is, if they violate law 1.

Of course now, don't actively go out of your way to destroy drones who haven't done anything to you, as that's shit behavior.
Could drones please get mason goggles.

It would help to ignore the crew and just fix leaks and build things.