Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Robots
Thank you for bringing this back Wonkmin. I need teabot in my life.
oh god you had to remind me of my crime against beemanity, the shame
tidybot: trash cart+left and right borg arms+proximity sensor

becomes a tidybot that clears the halls of solid litter that a cleanbot cant mop up. must load it with trashbags and biohazard bags for it to begin working or continue working. ideally it would be able to discern the difference between important objects and useless ones, and so would not tidy up pdas, ids, clothes, tools, weapons, etc. but WOULD tidy up limbs, organs, scraps, glass shards, discarded food, cigarette butts, etc

emagged: picks up all objects. picks up anyone laying down knocked out. wraps them in garbage bags that they must resist out of or else suffocate
Might as well throw some of my ideas around. These are pretty old, though.
Sprites can be found here: Read here: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=4724&page=2

[Image: AEpUeLr.gif][Image: 9CqwLg3.png][Image: wCbHrfh.gif][Image: qllOLsv.gif]
Nobot
Basically a low budget Beepsky that whacks people with a stick if it sees rules being broken.
Emagged: Whacks people no matter what.

[Image: m9pw4n4.gif][Image: YHh6f8C.png]
Beerbot
Dispenses beer. 
Emagged: Throws beer bottles at people.

[Image: pheZ6Sg.gif][Image: rb65kX7.png][Image: 1qUuOBc.gif]
Snapbot
Takes pictures of the crew.
Emagged snapbots should make wanted posters of the crew with made-up severe crimes like "Absorbing the clown" or "spacing hisenbee"
(03-14-2017, 01:49 PM)misto Wrote: tidybot: trash cart+left and right borg arms+proximity sensor

becomes a tidybot that clears the halls of solid litter that a cleanbot cant mop up. must load it with trashbags and biohazard bags for it to begin working or continue working. ideally it would be able to discern the difference between important objects and useless ones, and so would not tidy up pdas, ids, clothes, tools, weapons, etc. but WOULD tidy up limbs, organs, scraps, glass shards, discarded food, cigarette butts, etc

emagged: picks up all objects. picks up anyone laying down knocked out. wraps them in garbage bags that they must resist out of or else suffocate up
How about if the bot just followed you, and whenever it saw a trashbag, it would load it?

That way, you just go around bagging things, then when it's full you let the bot take care of the disposal
that sounds ok. maybe it could even flush the bags when it passes by a disposals chute
BrainBot -
It's a cruel way to revive someone. You stick a proximity sensor on a brain (even if unviable) and an arm and a radio, and poof, that player (or NPC) is put into that bot and forced to wander about the halls, screaming in misery as it begs to be killed.
Emagged: It's basically given the tourrettes, paranoia, and shouting mutations, forcing it to scream permanently and loudly over the radio. Also gives it antag status, allowing it to weakly pinch people and (kinda) harm them.
(03-14-2017, 01:56 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Emagged snapbots should make wanted posters of the crew with made-up severe crimes like "Absorbing the clown" or "spacing hisenbee"

YES
PestBot
Construction Materials: Mouse Trap + Garbage Bag + Robot Arm + Proxmity Sensor
Function: Hunts down mice, roaches and other pests, kills them and puts them in it's internal storage. An ID swipe can allow ejection of the trash bag.
Emagged: Finds pests and breeds them, doubling the pests. It cannot breed already breeded pests. It does not kill pests.

BirbBot
Construction Materials: Egg + Light Tube + Proximity Sensor + Robot Arm
Function: Hatches a bird every few minutes.
Emagged: Throws eggs at any passerby, cawing all the while.

Groovitron
Construction Materials: Made like a securitron, but add any instrument in the same step as the baton.
Function: Patrols the station. Instead of handcuffing suspects, it will baton them, play a random instrument sound clip and then say a quote like: "You have the right to BOOGIE." It's only purpose is to spread the joy of music rather forcefully.
Emagged: Goes on a stun and quote rampage, playing distorted music.
(03-14-2017, 04:11 PM)aft2001 Wrote: BrainBot -
It's a cruel way to revive someone. You stick a proximity sensor on a brain (even if unviable) and an arm and a radio, and poof, that player (or NPC) is put into that bot and forced to wander about the halls, screaming in misery as it begs to be killed.
Emagged: It's basically given the tourrettes, paranoia, and shouting mutations, forcing it to scream permanently and loudly over the radio. Also gives it antag status, allowing it to weakly pinch people and (kinda) harm them.

brain assemblies have been bounced around quite a lot, but i like the emag idea, as long as they cant pick up objects.

also the birbbot wraithcraft suggested is just an amusing duck, like the one in the chapel on cog2 and i think the classroom on destiny
yes please PLEASE i have always wanted brainbots
do not make them effective, just tortured

also i am glad this thread is back i always wanted more robots, gives robotics more to do
(03-14-2017, 01:51 PM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote: Might as well throw some of my ideas around. These are pretty old, though.
Sprites can be found here: Read here: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=4724&page=2

[Image: AEpUeLr.gif][Image: 9CqwLg3.png][Image: wCbHrfh.gif][Image: qllOLsv.gif]
Nobot
Basically a low budget Beepsky that whacks people with a stick if it sees rules being broken.

Beerbot
Dispenses beer. 

Snapbot

construction recipes please
(03-15-2017, 04:30 AM)Cirrial Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 01:51 PM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote: Might as well throw some of my ideas around. These are pretty old, though.

Nobot

Beerbot
Dispenses beer. 

Snapbot

construction recipes please
probably just a prox sensor and a robot arm on whatever object it is
what is a nobot's base component then geez