Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cogwerk's Ailments! The end of Crit! A glorious new day!
I'm surprised saline is made with salt + water + sugar, I thought it would just be salt + water. Normal saline with dextrose is used for maintenance only (and only if necessary), for resuscitation you just use normal saline.
Is there a better name for the saline+glucose combo? I couldn't find one. Plain salt and water is a little too likely to mess up other reactions... and it does mention glucose if you analyze saline.
Salt + walter = saline

Saline + sugar = electrolytes maybe?
Cogwerks Wrote:Plain salt and water is a little too likely to mess up other reactions.

He just said this, Christ. Cogwerks, maybe you should rename it Ringer's Solution? Lactacted Ringers Solution is basically just Saline plus Sugar, it's an intravenous sugar solution, which is basically what you're looking for.
Ringer's is a bit more involved than just N/S + Dextrose. I guess you could call it a dextrose solution?
let us jump start a failed heart with a taser pointblank with "burst" on.
due to an Incident last night leaving at least one person foaming at the mouth, i'd like arm swaps to be changed so that they're merely obnoxious instead of a death sentence
Instead of the taser thing, why not just add a shock paddle item in medbay's surgery area and require the person being shocked be laying down on a surgery table.
atomic1fire Wrote:Instead of the taser thing, why not just add a shock paddle item in medbay's surgery area and require the person being shocked be laying down on a surgery table.

yeah that too,but c'mon shooting a person with an entire taser battery to stop cardiac arrest is just hilarious.
add those lil emergency defib packs around and if one of them is removed have it ping the medics
atomic1fire Wrote:Add a shock paddle item in medbay's surgery area and require [that] the person being shocked be laying down on a surgery table.

Definitely this, the only reason people go to medbay currently is to either get to genetics with dead people, or to raid the room next to chemistry for medkits. Everything else can basically be done outside of medbay short of the occasional arm reattachment. Having greater locational dependence on medbay would make it far more of a let down after it explodes at the 10 minute mark.

Mosheninkov Wrote:Add those lil' emergency defib' packs around, and if one of them is removed, then have it ping the medics' PDAs.

If not having only one or two in medbay then this, though I doubt we can convince Nannertrasen to fund us with very many AEDs...