Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
please make console, vending, and hacking UIs less awful
qm consoles different sections (on the order list) should start collapsed and be expandable
(08-01-2017, 01:40 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: qm consoles different sections (on the order list) should start collapsed and be expandable

+1
(08-01-2017, 01:49 PM)Flourish Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 01:40 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: qm consoles different sections (on the order list) should start collapsed and be expandable

+1

+1

If impossible, putting things in their seperate categories would be a good substitute.

I wouldn't mind going through one more menu if it meant I didn't have to scroll down ten seconds every time I want to get building materials.
One idea I've had about QM is another section for shipping.

When buying items and crates, instead of it immediately shipping it will show up in another menu that's something like an inventory of items bought.

From there, you can order it to be shipped to the station, or sell it without having to go through the process of it arriving to the station, being given a label, and then sent back out.

Ideally, something like this would go along with a system where QM profit generation comes from buying goods cheaply from one merchant and selling them to another. You'd be able to see how much you'd be making or losing on each purchase. Maybe even have a whole thing where some goods are perishable and you can only sit on them so long before they spoil and are worthless, making selling at a loss the preferable option
(08-01-2017, 02:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: One idea I've had about QM is another section for shipping.

When buying items and crates, instead of it immediately shipping it will show up in another menu that's something like an inventory of items bought.

From there, you can order it to be shipped to the station, or sell it without having to go through the process of it arriving to the station, being given a label, and then sent back out.

Ideally, something like this would go along with a system where QM profit generation comes from buying goods cheaply from one merchant and selling them to another. You'd be able to see how much you'd be making or losing on each purchase. Maybe even have a whole thing where some goods are perishable and you can only sit on them so long before they spoil and are worthless, making selling at a loss the preferable option

Expanding on this - have a complete off-station "warehouse" (not actually mapped, just *there*) 
Things you buy go to the warehouse, things you launch from the station go to the warehouse, and QM can have crates in the warehouse sent to the station, or sold. 

Not only does this help with the buying-selling for profit, but also lets you send unnecessary stock somewhere where nobody is tripping over crates, or just waiting for a better price to come along before selling it. 

Maybe make unsold / unaccounted for crates show up at Centcomm when the shuttle leaves.