Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pod Discussion
I agree that pods are a way too potent method of escaping a chase. One counter I can think of is to have some sort of physical cargo hangar lockdown button, similar to the one on the bridge. Perhaps place one by each entrance for quick-thinking prevention of escapes.
(03-31-2018, 05:14 PM)Drago156 Wrote: "Have the shuttle flooring be too (enter excuse/reason here) to be able to safely fly around in."
The direct solution to having pods on the shuttle is to not allow pods on the shuttle. Not against it, but I feel it's extreme.

(04-01-2018, 07:56 AM)Haprenti Wrote: Make pods get damaged each time they move through a tile
If the damage was sufficent I think this could work nicely. It makes me wonder if that could be extended to the station tiles as well.

(04-01-2018, 11:08 AM)Salami Sam Wrote: I agree that pods are a way too potent method of escaping a chase. One counter I can think of is to have some sort of physical cargo hangar lockdown button, similar to the one on the bridge. Perhaps place one by each entrance for quick-thinking prevention of escapes.
A reasonable idea! One alternative could be delaying the hanger doors for a couple of seconds (maybe add some fancy animation). Extending on this, add a 'warmup' to wormholes so that they:
a) take some time to actually trigger
b) make it very obvious one is being charged
c) can be interrupted (taser it).
(04-01-2018, 11:08 AM)Salami Sam Wrote: I agree that pods are a way too potent method of escaping a chase. One counter I can think of is to have some sort of physical cargo hangar lockdown button, similar to the one on the bridge. Perhaps place one by each entrance for quick-thinking prevention of escapes.

Yeah but the wormhole generator makes getaways pretty trivial.

(04-01-2018, 07:56 AM)Haprenti Wrote: Make pods get damaged each time they move through a tile with a shuttle chair or something bulky that they can move over on the shuttle.

You know, I like the idea of letting pods travel over regular tiles, but with damage to the pod. Have it accompanied by a horrible scraping noise and cosmetic damage to the tiles it travels over

Driving a pod through the station would make for some great Blues Bros style hijinx

Speaking of pod damage, maybe as they get closer to breaking they become unoperational, that way you can disable a pod witgwit fully destroying it

A general idea for pods: Their own inventory storage. Like those overly large cabinets you see, pods should have some kind of storage you can access as a pilot or passenger. Standard issue gear inside them should include emergency space suits and air tanks, maybe some tools for repairs and a gps device for signaling for help.
I've always wanted podjacking.
(04-01-2018, 04:33 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I've always wanted podjacking.

I could have sworn something like this was added, like if you click on a pod with the grab intent. It would be interesting if you could struggle with people inside the pod. Like, if you mashed the resist key you'd try to kick other people out of the pod.
(04-01-2018, 04:33 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I've always wanted podjacking.

You can already sort of do that with the big pods. Everyone inside a pod can control it, no matter the order they boarded; if three people are in a pod, all three can wrestle with the controls at the same time.
(04-01-2018, 02:21 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Yeah but the wormhole generator makes getaways pretty trivial.

I think one of the best changes would be the hangar lockdown button and making it so that wormholes can only be used when on space tiles. That seems fair and makes sense to me.
What if, instead of wormholes having a cooldown, they instead took a few moments of staying still to open them?

You still get fast transportation, but using it to make a quick getaway is much harder
(04-02-2018, 09:40 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if, instead of wormholes having a cooldown, they instead took a few moments of staying still to open them?

You still get fast transportation, but using it to make a quick getaway is much harder

This. I like this.
(04-02-2018, 09:40 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What if, instead of wormholes having a cooldown, they instead took a few moments of staying still to open them?

Sometimes you need that quick getaway when you're trying to escape from drones in the debris field.

Maybe have pods start with their engines off and have the engines take a few seconds to warm up? That way if someone wants to use a pod as a getaway vehicle they have to start the engine in advance and leave it running. Give unpowered pods a slightly different sprite so it's a bit more noticeable that someone left the engine running.
Or, make entering a pod be a 'progress bar' action, so that you can stop someone before they get in. Might be going too far though
(04-02-2018, 05:08 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: Or, make entering a pod be a 'progress bar' action, so that you can stop someone before they get in. Might be going too far though

If it's somewhat quick it might be a good in between
(04-03-2018, 04:48 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 05:08 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: Or, make entering a pod be a 'progress bar' action, so that you can stop someone before they get in. Might be going too far though

If it's somewhat quick it might be a good in between

Y-drone fights....
Eh, it's a little silly that you can just hop out, smack the pod with a welder, and keep fighting anyways
(04-03-2018, 06:04 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: Eh, it's a little silly that you can just hop out, smack the pod with a welder, and keep fighting anyways
I think that's fine as it is, since if you're fighting a dude in a pod, getting out is exposing yourself to fire (and also allowing the pod to be fired upon with no defenses)