Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question to the Coders About Atmos
Okay, I know I waffle on about how apparently the atmospherics coding is absolute chaos, but it seems like it is one of the major things on the to-do list. But seeing as I have only heard of one coder in particular saying he is working on it, I need a few questions asked:
  • How entrenched is this system embedded into the game itself? As in, you take it out, would the game be functional save for toxins and the engine, or would it just turn it into a jumble of un-compilable code?
  • Who WROTE the original code for goonstation?
  • And don't bother answering this if it would unveil secrets to the departments: What is the singular unit of a gas, and how does this equate into the pressure and heat mechanics?
I understand that it is both a vital part of the game, while being an absolute clusterfuck of archaic computer wizardry. I also have a ton of respect for you coders, as I am still learning how to code by reading some of it and implementing it on basic crap for my own build on my desktop.

I also want to apologize for being somewhat of a heckler for bringing up the atmos stuff, as it dawned on me this morning that bringing it up like I do is equal parts annoying/dickish. Keep doing you, cause we wouldn't be here without your wizardry!

Messages In This Thread
A question to the Coders About Atmos - by A4Brogan - 12-15-2016, 12:33 PM