Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Day of Destiny (LLJK #1 RP Campaign - Thank You For Playing!)
edit: Please note that the Day of Destiny has been rescheduled.

Summary:

Hi there, folks.

At the beginning of 2016, the LLJK #1 server was brimming with RP nerds wanting to have a little fun in a semi-serious setting. LLJK #1 has calmed down significantly since then – too much so, to the point where people prefer not to join as there simply aren’t enough players to make it fun and exciting.

We hope to change this on Friday.

As previously discussed in the Destiny & RP on Goonstation thread, the administration has expressed some interest in establishing a new sort of RP event on the LLJK #1 – NSS Destiny server. Inspired by Frank_Stein’s request for episodic content / campaign-styled play, we’ll be launching our pilot project on Friday at 4:00 PST. We expect this pilot project to last three rounds / episodes, with the first event involving the launch of the NSS Destiny (aka Episode One: T - 60 Minutes). Episode Two ("SOS") and Three ("A Date with Destiny") will hopefully help to create a somewhat consistent and coherent plot line, drawing on consequences from previous rounds, for players to follow along.

FAQ:

What exactly is the NSS Destiny?

The Nanotrasen Starship (NSS) Destiny is a recently recommissioned exploration vessel dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and profit. This ship is located far from the Sol System in some unknown quadrant located on the other side of the Channel. Oh yeah, also, the year is 2053 in case you're a giant obsessive nerd like me. For OOC stuff relating to "what are the rules" or "how much do I have to RP", you can find all of that sort of information in the Destiny & RP on Goonstation Thread (http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5636)

Is this a one-off thing?

Yes, but we have another three-episode storyline prepped and ready if this goes well.

When/where is this happening?

The next event will be happening soon, probably on a Friday afternoon on LLJK #1. Here's the server link: byond://lljk1.goonhub.com:26100/

Can I make suggestions for events?

Hell yes. Try to keep them feasible and within the scope of what already exists in the game.

You did a terrible fucking job explaining this, how does it work?

Over the course of three rounds, the administration will be creating an RP-centric campaign for players to participate in on the NSS Destiny. Each episode will have its own little plot / direction, while contributing to the greater story arc. Frank_Stein explains it best: "I kinda like the idea of Day of Destiny being a kinda episodic campaign, with a consistent story with updates and consequences from the events from last time."

--

Alright. That should be it. Feel free to ask questions or post ideas and whatnot.

edit: ty dions

[Image: d71c1eec73.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The Day of Destiny (LLJK #1 RP Campaign - Thank You For Playing!) - by shotgunbill - 07-27-2016, 12:09 PM