Feedback On Powergaming
There isn't a sliding scale of "you can grab this at round start, but not that" items that would be considered "powergaming" if you grab them. Is getting a set of tools powergaming? probably not. It's impossible to define "this is powergaming, this is not" because every round is different in the needs of the round. What is, typically, considered powergaming is exactly what you stated. Every round getting a routine of "I must have this item to counter this, this item to counter that, and this to make myself hard to kill" is what makes the game unfun for others. Players notice "wow that player goes and gets these items every round" and it sucks to be an antag who tries to kill you only to have you whip out your unstun pills or your powerful armor that 90% of the players don't have. Me personally, sometimes I'll grab sunglasses if I spawn near them, or if someone tried getting me with a flash I may go grab them, but I don't get them every round. Sometimes if I spawn near a medkit I'll pick it up, but I don't have one on me every round. It's also, as you said, not something we're going to warn someone for immediately, both because we might not notice it happening regularly and because it's not an issue until it becomes one. When players regularly complain (which people have, about you specifically) we will notice these things more. It typically takes a LOT of powergaming for us to give someone a "please chill out" warning. Most people don't end up getting any warnings about not grabbing various different pieces of loot so they're as hard to kill as possible. I don't know of anyone else that will go grab meth and crank to give themselves near complete stun resistance every round.

Messages In This Thread
On Powergaming - by Arlian - 03-31-2024, 12:16 PM
RE: On Powergaming - by Sord213 - 04-05-2024, 03:10 PM