Complaint Banned when I should have just been told to knock it off
(01-18-2024, 05:47 AM)Varshie Wrote: I can assure you that you are not being mixed up with another player. But as you are concerned that is the case, I'm going to go ahead and share a clean version of your notes, with our administration's names edited out per our policy. From latest to oldest, these are the incidents logged under your ckey:

Quote:Clean notes of squirrelslapper
[#4 (main4)] on Wednesday, 17 January 2024 19:10
addendum to the below: folloing the ban they went straight to #ss13-questions❓ , #discord-reports , and my DMs demanding explainations/clarifications/etc., including one DM after being explicitly told "please do not DM admins on discord about bans".

[#3 (main3)] on Wednesday, 17 January 2024 17:06
Banned from all servers, reason: I think it's about time you leave - based on your impressive noted history over the past couple months, you're out of chances., duration: Permanent

[#3 (main3)] on Wednesday, 17 January 2024 15:27
Warned after tossing an incendiary grenade into the shuttle brig with no escalation or buildup. Should probably know better, considering this is the second or third warning they've received regarding the RP server rules in under a month.

[#3 (main3)] on Tuesday, 16 January 2024 18:23
New login notice set:

Earlier today you went and declared someone was a spy because they asked for your photo and called out over radio to sec how you heard of spies and they were looking for loot. This is unacceptably meta for the roleplay server, you should not be shutting down antags attempt to roleplay because of your game mode knowledge under the pretense of having heard about it elsewhere.

[#3 (main3)] on Tuesday, 16 January 2024 14:57
Used LOOC “HOW DENSE ARE YOU PEOPLE” and calling them idiots over looc too. Warned

[#3 (main3)] on Tuesday, 9 January 2024 00:21
warned for poor shooting escalation as an antag det (all stuns, still out of nowhere), and told to change their flavor text from “mildly autistic”

[#3 (main3)] on Friday, 22 December 2023 03:51
Stole an ID as a monkey, went to the AI upload and killswitched all the borgs, then asked "will this get me banned" - this person is confused or just disingenous. If you see them "accidentally" doing shitty things again, ban them.

[#3 (main3)] on Friday, 22 December 2023 00:42
Rule 4 warning for "bitch."

[#4 (main4)] on Saturday, 11 November 2023 00:39
Banned from main3 & main4, reason: OOC language like lethals, no respect for roleplay in general and telling sec that they should get cancer. This is a ban only from the RP servers. I strongly suggest you figure out how to roleplay if you want to continue playing on server 3., duration: 7 Days

[#3 (main3)] on Wednesday, 25 October 2023 23:46
Banned from all servers, reason: You are continuing to break rule 4 despite repeated warnings and bans this month alone. Do not come back until you are ready to follow our rules., duration: 30 Days

[#1 (main1)] on Thursday, 19 October 2023 22:54
Banned from all servers, reason: Continually ignoring the language rules despite two previous warnings "ready for penis inspection day?" - Following rule 4 is not optional., duration: 3.5 Days

[#3 (main3)] on Wednesday, 18 October 2023 22:25
from the same round:
[16:56.3] James Butterfill (Squirrel Slapper) SAY: I have terrible chlamydia (155,114,1 in South Primary Hallway)
[18:25.2] James Butterfill (Squirrel Slapper) SAY: i think im autistic (151,116,1 in South Primary Hallway)
[22:16.1] James Butterfill (Squirrel Slapper) SAY: ill take a seat over there (164,119,1 in Customs)
[23:58.4] James Butterfill (Squirrel Slapper) SAY: i think im autistic (164,119,1 in Customs)
[24:35] James Butterfill (Squirrel Slapper) SAY: i think im autistic (158,116,1 in South Primary Hallway)
[27:48.9] James Butterfill (Squirrel Slapper) SAY: It's possible that I'm a bit neurodivergent (160,115,1 in South Primary Hallway)
[28:37] James Butterfill (Squirrel Slapper) SAY: It's possible that I'm a bit neurodivergent (115,117,1 in South Primary Hallway)
[39:4.8] James Butterfill (Squirrel Slapper) SAY: your mother is in my bed (195,170,1 in East Primary Hallway)

[#3 (main3)] on Wednesday, 18 October 2023 21:47
Language warning for "i think im autistic" - Tried to argue it was 'in-character', then asked if they could say neurodivergent instead.

[#3 (main3)] on Tuesday, 10 October 2023 11:44
Banned from all servers, reason: Same round as being warned about "cunt" starts writing "penis". Go and read the rules then play, you also need to pay attention to RP rules as your conduct is not appropriate for roleplay., duration: 1 Hour

Generally, when someone is warned or banned, our expectation is that the individual will go on to read and familiarize themselves with our server rules as to not break them again in the future - receiving a ban, being asked to stop doing something, or just being yelled at for breaking the rules are all a form of being warned; we don't have to explicitly preface our conversations with a notice that you're receiving a warning.

A few months ago you were spoken to and banned numerous times for breaking our language rules. One such ban was the result of you exclaiming during a round that it was "penis inspection day", despite having already been warned twice for breaking our language rules by that point.

I mention this as you left out a detail in your post where in your last round you went also on to announce that it was "coccyx inspection day". You know what you were getting at, we know what you were getting at, and considering you had already been banned for blatantly saying it in the past, it's clear that you were aware of what you were implying and how it is against our policy on sexual content and you went and said it anyway.

My point is: had this been your first time breaking our language rules, or any of our rules for that matter, then yes, you likely would have received a verbal warning. But it was not the first time- or the second- or the third- in fact, if you had been warned again it would have marked the ninth time you had been warned for breaking our language rules - not counting the times you had been spoken to for breaking our other rules.

So, no, I don't think this ban was unjustified, or that you were entitled to receiving another warning. You were given plenty of chances to improve your conduct and didn't, which is why you are now banned.

Thank you. This has put things in perspective. Thank you.

Once thing, regarding "coccyx inspection day" - and I do not add this part without due consideration:
I did not intend "coccyx inspection day" to be taken that way. Not even remotely. Me running through the halls and screaming "penis inspection day" is far behind me. I had no idea how anything worked back then and I just said it because it was in the funny video, I hadn't read the rules or even registered that there were rules, nor did I understand how announcements worked. Since then I have learned how and when to make such announcements so that they actually contribute to roleplay, and I've learned what not to say in them. When playing as captain I've, on separate occasions, announced via the announcement computer that elbow inspection day and prefrontal cortex inspection day are in effect. In both cases I went on down to medical to see my handiwork and it was nothing but positive. I saw some people flexing their elbows and others acting genuinely anxious about whether they'll pass the inspection. I saw a borg whose player was writing some genuinely funny lines whilst inspecting a man's brain. It was great. You do not have to believe me when I say this, and I'm still banned either way, but it is an absolute truth that I did not mean "coccyx inspection day" that way. My thought process was "think of a body part with two syllables" and "think of a bone". And I wanted something spine-related. I landed on coccyx. I had no intentions of trying to sneakily violate rule 4. I swear, I did not mean it that way.

Everything else besides that, cool and good. Very helpful. I understand now. Seeing the notes has made me understand. I will have a long hard think about whether or not I should try appealing the ban a month from now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Banned when I should have just been told to knock it off - by squirrel slapper - 01-18-2024, 07:25 AM