Complaint Banned when I should have just been told to knock it off
Exclamation 
Preface: Around September 2023 I started playing SS13. This was following months of watching Sseth's video on repeat because I love it so much. Predictably, I broke the rules constantly. Directly inspired by that video, I went around attacking people and saying shit like "I have a [random object] fetish" and "ready for penis inspection day?" Pretty much immediately burned through my one day, three day and seven day bans. Then, and only then, did I realise the point of the game and start playing earnestly. That's still one of my biggest regrets. Having gained the track record of a shitter during my first tentative steps into this game, and only now earnestly trying to be a functioning player but still having that track record. I am confident that my note history reflects this growth. No one has discussed them with me in any detail, let alone enough detail to contradict that, so I truly believe it.
Around November 2023 I made a bad mistake (kill-switched all the borgs just after the escape shuttle had left, not knowing what it would actually do, half-assuming it meant giving them permission to kill) that I believe would have been deserving of a simple one or three day ban and leaving it at that, but having the track record I had from those early days, I was told that I was on thin ice and that my next rule break would be my last. Basically, I was on my last chance.
End preface.

Today, 17 January 2024, Tarmunora banned me with the reason "I think it's about time you leave - based on your impressive noted history over the past couple months, you're out of chances." This took place immediately after a round where I was taking drugs with the radio host and speaking on the show. When the escape shuttle was called, I started ranting into the radio about how the "Liberal commie fascist anarchists want you to be afraid, they want you to evacuate, do not evacuate, stand up to them and be free etc." I was getting positive reactions in-game, which only encouraged me to take it further and further. I had no way of knowing the admins wouldn't like it. I had the Things to Keep in Mind: Rule 9 at the front of my mind the whole time and thought there'd be no issue with the way I was going about it. An appropriate way to deal with this would have been to admin PM me and tell me to knock it off. I would have done so immediately and without argument. I had no way of knowing the admins would not like it. It is NOT fair to ban me over it with no warning, and it's ludicrous to say I'm not even allowed to appeal the ban until 30 days have passed. If you had told me to knock it off, I would have immediately accepted that you just don't want that kind of talk on the server and there'd be no issue here.

(Look, I know this isn't a ban appeal but this all ties in to why I shouldn't be banned.)

Through my incoherent rambling on Discord, I've been given two other reasons for my ban. I don't know which admin sent this, it was in the anonymous ]report bot thing. This part is a complaint about whoever wrote these reasons.
The official other two reasons they gave are my "note history and overall shitty vibe".
I firmly, EARNESTLY believe that my negative note history comes from those early days when I was completely new and just going off what I'd seen in Sseth's video. I said as much to the anonymous ]report bot and the response claimed that today is my FIFTH incident since that "last chance" notice in November. This baffled me and still baffles me. I want to the bottom of it. Not knowing what the other four incidents were is genuinely stressing me out and making me unable to relax. But I have no idea how I'm supposed to learn about the other four incidents, and the admins refuse to discuss them even anonymously through the ]report discord bot. I still have absolutely no idea what those other four incidents are. My best guess is that they're literally just all the times I've been pinged by an admin since November 2023. I have exactly ZERO memories of these pings being for anything as severe as "the thing you've just done is literally a fifth of the reason why we're going to ban you permanently"
I also believe the "overall shitty vibe" comes almost EXCLUSIVELY from one outburst I had in the Discord server about a week ago. It was about not being allowed to say what I've always assumed is the least offensive curse word of them all: Bitch. That outburst made people uncomfortable. It was bad. It achieved nothing. I regret it. But when I'm playing the game with people, there is no shitty vibe. There's almost nothing but positive experiences. When I realise I've done something in-game that's ruined it for someone else, I apologise in LOOC and then stop doing the thing. Saying I have an overall shitty vibe is just unfair. This part is critical: I AM HAPPY TO BE PROVEN WRONG REGARDING MY VIBE. SHOW ME THE RECORDS. PROVE THAT I ACTUALLY NEVER STOPPED BEING A PIECE OF SHIT. THAT THE GROWTH I'VE DESCRIBED NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED. PLEASE. I AM BEGGING.

Anyway, just based on the message they wrote to inform me that I was banned, I believe the admin Tarmunora has been hovering over me, frothing at the mouth waiting for me to do something they can twist into being banworthy.

If it matters, the stuff I said in that round as a drugged staffie on a radio show doesn't represent my actual views at all. For what it's worth, I am an extreme leftist.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Banned when I should have just been told to knock it off - by squirrel slapper - 01-17-2024, 12:43 PM