Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Adds a new salvager weapon: The Makeshift Laser Rifle
(09-15-2023, 08:24 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I always thought it would be cool to be able to construct a laser weapon the way you can kinetic weapons like the Zipgun. But I think this is missing a couple of things.

It seems a bit too trivial to construct; very part of this weapon is exremely easy to come, so if those are the compnents used, then there should be more effort required to create them.

I like the heat/breaking component causing it to break if overused, but I don't think it quite goes far enough. It should probably destroy or drain a power cell too if it happens, and make changing power cells take longer to change. In fact, I'd say that the heating would be as much of a problem for the power cells/wires/capacitors as the light tube. I'd sat a matsci optical lens would make more sense as a component than a light tube, but they're a lot less ubiquitous comparitively so I get not choosing them. I wouldn't mind to see using better parts make a better result.

I added a step to add 90 wires to hopefully make it more resource intensive to create a makeshift laser gun, ive also changed the light burning out to the entire gun starting on fire and needing to be repaired.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Adds a new improvised weapon: The Makeshift Laser Rifle - by unfunnyperson - 09-16-2023, 05:19 PM