Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New clothing item - Bandolier
I know we don't get bullet-firing guns very often (although we nearly always have access to them in the form of traitors), I find that the way we reload guns and carry ammo is a bit of a pain; having to keep boxes of ammo in our bags/pockets, taking the boxes out individually, loading them into the gun (spacker 12 or revolver for example) then disposing of the boxes. I know there's a reason for that, but hear me out.

I propose that a new clothing item be added to the game in the form of a bandolier. It would be admin spawned, situational (e.g. when there's a zombie apocalypse or perhaps werewolves like we had last week) or even a costly traitor item. It would accept a total of 50 bullets (reduce capacity according to developer's taste). It would go in the belt slot or the chest slot. It would only accept bullets though and bullets only. If you wear a bandolier you can reload a gun more easily by right clicking on the gun in your hand (you know, where it would say "examine" and so forth) and clicking the option "reload". That means you don't have to go into your bag, your gun is reloaded automatically according to the bandolier you are wearing (belt takes precedence over chest, let's just make an arbitrary decision). One possibility would be to reduce the cost of the bandolier to 4 telecrystals - allowing you to buy a revolver box and put 12 bullets in the bandolier.

The pros and cons of the item are as follows:

Pros

it allows you to reload more easily in a battle, increases your firepower, makes shooting things more of an enjoyable experience. It also allows you to roleplay Zapata or Pancho Villa or a 1980s action hero.

Cons

It would single you out instantly to security that you're out to make trouble, a bit like a red space suit (if we're going down the traitor item route). It also means you can't put an oxygen tank on your belt, or if you put it on your chest you can't wear a space suit or body armour or anything else. Finally, guns appear very rarely. You would have to have a good plan or clear objective before you go trying to use something like this i.e. if it's a nuke situation, one operative could go in with bandoliers and his revolver and hold off security while the other operatives assault the captain and take the disc.

[Image: pancho_villa.jpg]

What do you gentlemen think of this idea?

Messages In This Thread