Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are VR
Readster Wrote:This is a cool idea on the basis of actually convincing people it's not real and making them kill themselves. Although I'd have to assume being killed any way other than suicide would just kill you, otherwise it'd be way to easy.

The only problem I forsee is people suiciding as soon as they see the AI is trying to kill them.

What if people need to come up with new ways to kill themselves to escape the simulation? Joe McPubs finds out by holding his breath, then John Grifington and his buddies have to jam screwdrivers in their eyes, strangle themselves with cord, or slash their throats to escape the sim, then toolbox the AI to death? You could spin it as the AI finding and patching the various glitches in the simulation as they show up.

Also, if this does become a thing(and I hope it does), there needs to be ways to affect the traps on the derelict, real life station in the VR. Like setting the guardbuddies to protect someone programs the killbots on the real station to not murder that guy. Maybe connect various motion cameras on the derelict to cameras in the simulation too, so the AI has a harder time of seeing you coming.

Messages In This Thread