Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Relationship Between Traitors and the HoS
Just for reference, I've been playing HoS roughly the same amount of time as you have Sham Poo (check the applications!). We are ancient in our ways.

I feel like, really, security back on Mushroom was at its best in terms of control, but also at its worst in terms of actual security etiquette .
The whole movement towards "be friendly, be fun" was entirely because when traitors when caught by security would straight up just suicide because they knew they'd be put that black box of no fun known as solitary, or thrown out of the nearest airlock as explained in your post. Trials were not heard of, and discount dan was used to full effect.

There was (and still is) a "valid" mindset, where once an antagonist was known, it was fair game. That's all fine and dandy if you're a civilian. But you're not a civilian. You're not just security either, you're the HoS. Killing a downed player is not a sign of robustness. Arresting a player and setting up a scheme that will dampen any plan B or C that player is in my eyes, robust. It means that you're one step ahead. It means you've used your brains. And you did it without sinking to the traitors level.

The whole thing about HoS is balance. In this instance, I would of not murdered the traitor as while yes, it is "valid" to kill them, I would've gotten a whole lot more pleasure out of arresting them, taking their shit and watching them squirm. If it was early in the round, hell I may even let them buy the gun back. On the other hand, there was an earlier round there where Grace Schiff was NI3 bombing the station, and I shot her to death on sight and spaced her. I wasn't going to give her a chance because she didn't deserve one.

This where our mindset seems to diverge. Are traitors allowed to be given a second chance? In my books, the answer is yes.

Messages In This Thread