Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Game mode - space Elections
I'll preface this by saying it feels like an incredibly dumb idea but I don't know, maybe someone will find it inspiring. 

Noticing how the Captain is usually in their position without any form of vote, I've done a gimmick a few times where I encouraged an election. Usually the clown is incredibly popular but sometimes other's have done the right power hungry maneuvering to win. This gave me an idea, what if there was a game mode where the goal was to get voted in as some sort of authority of Nanotrasen. 

Of course Nanotrasen agents/operatives/sec would have a specific player they'd be given the objective to support, maybe tamper with votes later on, or try to get rid of opponents (It's a megacorporation and just hosts these events to give an illusion of democracy). Meanwhile you could have candidates supported by maybe some group of syndicate agents or some other foe of nanotrasen. 

Of course we could leave enough room for regular crew as the hearts and minds aspect would allow for potential goofiness. The candidates themselves don't have to be perfect, maybe one is an alcoholic, the other is secretly a changeling who ate the real leader of nanotrasen/the station. 

We'd leave about maybe 30-40 minutes for drama to happen, maybe meeting certain objectives for all sides to support their candidates by fulfilling funny objectives, giving terrible speeches, slandering other's. And after that duration crew could try to go vote though that could to be fraught with peril. 

Tell me if it's good or a bad idea, I just really like the potential for spaceman politics where a Staffie stands up for the little guy - promising insuls and to distribute floor pills - while nanotrasen plans assassinations to secure their candidate and a gang promises not to beat you up if you vote.  Obviously the provocateurs could be controlled by objectives to make sure they don't just completely grief.

Messages In This Thread
Game mode - space Elections - by JanusRose - 02-24-2024, 08:03 AM
RE: Game mode - space Elections - by meaow589 - 02-24-2024, 08:45 AM
RE: Game mode - space Elections - by Kotlol - 02-24-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: Game mode - space Elections - by Dhaidburt - 02-24-2024, 09:02 PM
RE: Game mode - space Elections - by Frank_Stein - 02-29-2024, 07:38 PM
RE: Game mode - space Elections - by 444explorer - 03-01-2024, 01:57 AM