Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
[MERGED PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance
(01-28-2024, 12:03 AM)DasBrain Wrote: I subjectively see less borg players now that those changes are test merged - which is a good indicator for me that other borg players do not like those changes either.

Now it feels that borgs with treads and screen head are just as fast as a non-sprinting human - but unlike humans, borgs can not sprint.
So their base speed should be higher to offset that.

For the former comment, its shockingly hard to get feedback on this pr considering how widespread it is. Speaking to the crowd here but please please please, share your feedback on discord or the forums, I will read them and it does help me gauge stuff, it doesnt have to be in depth just say it because no one else will. 

I did try and keep the average speed with sprinting in mind for borg changes. You can look at the spreadsheet in the pr, but the average speed of a human with sprinting in mind is 1.45ish, a screenhead light tread borg will be 1.3 (and light borg with treads will be 1.2). I'm not against reducing the screenhead speed penalty slightly to the same as standard (again depending on feedback). 

The comment about lack of burst speed is fair, this pr was focused more on light borgs being way too quick at station traversal then combat, oil changes help in this regard, but I've also been putting off reworking speed module to be shift key toggleable and that should also help when I get around to doing that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance - by Ikea - 01-28-2024, 09:27 AM
RE: [PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance - by Cal - 01-29-2024, 04:02 AM