Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
[MERGED PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance
(01-10-2024, 09:50 PM)DasBrain Wrote: I see. Treads do not exist in a vacuum.
Humans with treads being faster than cyborgs is bad.

The flash is already too powerful when used against borgs, and the only defense is currently: Don't get flashed. Speed helps with that.
Or get a reboot + teleport upgrade. Which requires mining.

I think the scope of this PR is too narrow and does not take into account how this changes the balance for cyborgs.

I think it does take into account the balance change for borgs, and i believe in a good way. I've seen bodyblocking heavy borgs as validhunters and even with flashes you have a hard time against them while security is chasing you. A medium-heavy borg with mechboot-speed, at best, shouldn't be a thing, really.

Borgs need a nerf. They are faster than humans and on top of that far more damage resistant or downright immune to many mechanics they logically should not be (e.g. electricity or acids)

The existance of flashes alone shouldn't be the reason to give them speed AND tankiness.

(01-06-2024, 06:25 AM)Ikea Wrote: Important to note this pr nerfs heavy borgs with treads a good bit (1.9 to 2.2), so your average heavy borg setup will be slower. The main reason for reducing the gap is for #17555 and making heavy borg w/ s. legs not completely miserable. If this pr and #17555 get merged, heavy borgs will be worse in every scenario.

Ah, i missed that. Then i don't have any obvious things to complain about. I kinda would like to see this play out in a testmerge

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance - by Lord_earthfire - 01-10-2024, 11:17 PM
RE: [PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance - by Cal - 01-29-2024, 04:02 AM