Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardbuddy discussion
There is some topic about guardbuddy I want to discuss
1)guard mode worse than hug mode
For some reason when you set it to guard you it walk abit slow even you just walk pass few door the bot will struggle and not open the door.
In the other hand hug mode.they chase you faster than guard mode and smart enough to open the door it need to reach you.i have test some of it and got conclude that hug mode was smarter than guard, which is nonsense. Guard mode should be smarter than hug all I want from it just make them can walk cover with us with pout worry them gonna struggle some where
2)Lethal mode 
Dwaine nerd might know that we can unlock lethal mode from guardbuddy to make AI more smarter weapon more lethal.which is cool but there no teaching in wiki or in other resource.(by the way I lost the script now) it should be great if atleast least some clue for it to let people learn from it in wiki.
3)haggle/cheer mode is useless and no one use
Haggle that make you use guardbuddy to insult someone is rarely use and never see someone use it.(except me sometime when I use it to insult people) it should be more cool if we can use haggle mode to directly arrest/attack someone instead.and cheer mode may be can change it to heal mode and can do something like medibot do but it follow ping you make it become your pocket medic.
4)guardbuddy is no impact in RP.
Rarely see it on RP and didn’t see anyone use it.there is some scenario might happen when Dwaine nerd discussion about it,which look cool.but other than that *shrug*
5)guardbuddy involve many department but it only RD toy.
I mean guardbuddy if you want to build atleast (normally without spoof)
-you must buy new one from QM / ask engineer to mechscan and get some tool like robotic arm from QM/robotic 
-if you want super user legally you need to ask HoP
-in some case if HoP not allow you need RD/borge/AI login for you
Guardbuddy can be like weapon or just friend hanging around I still don’t know why reason it need to be science department because science is lonely? , have more chance to got attack? Sciencedepartment  upgrade /experiment on them ? 

I want to make guardbuddy more usable and more fair use.
So any suggestion please share your idea.
For 5, you can go to the space diner/sea diner and the bee merchant has kits for the buddies as well as a number of modules.
For 4, blame the people. I've tried doing guardbuddy gimmicks countless times on goon 4, the few times that people have said yes, they run away from the buddy and it gets lost and never used again. On goon 1/3 the buddy would just die from the crossfire or would see someone throw a punch, try to stun someone, and 20 other people would destroy it.
For 3, the heckle mode is funny and for harassment. You just select a name, so you are able to make it search and harass specific people regardless of if they are using their real name/ID. As an added bonus, the heckler will stun and arrest the heckled if they do a crime, so it can be used by security to make sure someone is following the rules.
For 2, as far as I know, you might be able to upload a custom task by downloading one from the off-station emagged ones, but you cannot control them or revert them whatsoever so it would be like setting them to lethal and purge only.
For 1, Guard mode ignores your crimes and tries to protect you, compared to hug mode which is neutral to you and will arrest you if you so much as punch a monkey, and with it following you around it is only a matter of time before it does try to arrest you. Hug mode is one of the funny tasks which's only real goal is to annoy/be funny.

All-in-all, guardbuddys take DWAINE and most normal players stay away from DWAINE like the plague. If guardbuddys were to get picked up by the general playerbase then it would become hellish, as everyone would be trying to recall someone else's bodyguard, and after setting them to bodyguard themselves then people would delete stuff from the mainframe make it all hellish.
Hmm thank for sharing.